Baron Davis to the Warriors?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:27 pm
Tim Kawakami says he's interested on twitter. I'd say sign Baron to the vet minimum and O'neal as well. it wouldn't hurt to play Livingston and Baron together at times. Sign Jordan Crawford as well. People are forgetting how much Livingston potentially means with his long body playing defense with our other great defensive players. Also, swap Green and Lee and now we're talking

Curry- Livingston-Baron Davis
Thompson- Crawford
Iguodala- Barnes-
Green, Lee, Speights
Bogut- Ezeli, Jermaine O'neal
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 am
Stairway Man wrote:Tim Kawakami says he's interested on twitter. I'd say sign Baron to the vet minimum and O'neal as well. it wouldn't hurt to play Livingston and Baron together at times. Sign Jordan Crawford as well. People are forgetting how much Livingston potentially means with his long body playing defense with our other great defensive players. Also, swap Green and Lee and now we're talking

Curry- Livingston-Baron Davis
Thompson- Crawford
Iguodala- Barnes-
Green, Lee, Speights
Bogut- Ezeli, Jermaine O'neal

I'd need to know a playing weight before i even considered B-Diddy....

How many years is he removed from professional hoops? He has had issues with dieting etc.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:10 am
We can only sign Crawford if we haven't given up rights to him yet, which we may have, as we are over the cap and so can't sign any FAs unless it is to the minimums and exceptions.

Absolutely no to Baron, the past is the past and we have to move forward. The FO needs to either resign Jermaine or get another backup big, as well as a backup SG.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 am
Saw this earlier, I lol'd.

No.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:54 pm
The dude who first reported this claimed Baron's workouts looked "fluid" and "great".

Hype machine. Nothing more. You can't make a real comeback after you've produced YouTube footage of how ridiculous your fake comeback would actually be.

Baron's done. Dude's looking for another vet minimum contract so he can get $1.5 mil to play 36 games, get hurt, grow a sweet bench beard, and steal some spotlight as a playful, cheerleading charismatic veteran on a contender.

I value what Baron brought to us back in the day and there were years after he left where the beer in Oracle wasn't quite as cold, the lights weren't as bright, and all that jazz... but BDiddy ain't coming back. The Dubs don't need to waste a 1-year minimum vet deal on someone who'd be 3rd string and might jack up the chemistry (remember, Baron was fiery and intense... this team is loose and good natured. I foresee a Baron-Bogut brawl in practice before the year is up).

BOTTOM LINE: thanks, but no thanks, Baron.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball