Kevin Love Interested in Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:21 pm
I am no way hating on Klay just being critical, as you must be as a super fan or a GM. Klay has improved immensely the last couple of years, and has one of the best shots in the league, I will cheer for him if not traded, its just the situation he is in and what will make our team better. I have the same sentiment as you guys 32 and J1000, he is a good piece on a team but in order to be placed on the top tier position he needs to create for himself and others much better.

Minny will have to trade Love come draft night, or lose him for nothing. We provide them the best option, although this is a deep draft, and possible all-stars, and immediate impact players available, as we have seen many teams already offered picks. Recently the Cavs offered their #1 but Love won't sign an extension with them so deal was nixed. So this tells me a few things, if their is a trade for Love then its most likely he will sign an extension if he doesn't want to go to place he won't sign the extension.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 pm
Likely not going to happen but let me just dream for a second, Damn. Bron Bron, Klove and Curry on the same team. OMG

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24597450/report-warriors-could-try-to-acquire-both-kevin-love-and-lebron-james

The Warriors are still looking to trade for Kevin Love in order to set themselves up to make a run for free agent-to-be LeBron James, ESPN's Chad Ford told ESPN LA 710 AM on Wednesday.

“At the end of the day, I don't think there's a better Kevin Love deal for the Wolves than what the Warriors can offer, and I think the Warriors are very motivated to get Kevin Love in part I think not just because he's an upgrade over David Lee, but in part because I think that now that you can have a Steph Curry and you have a Kevin Love, I think they feel at that point that they could be credible suitors for LeBron James,” Ford said.

“There are many suitors that are hoping to be credible suitors for LeBron James, but I think the Warriors can make a compelling case for him if they had Curry and Love. They're perfect complements to LeBron James.”
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Likely not going to happen but let me just dream for a second, Damn. Bron Bron, Klove and Curry on the same team. OMG

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24597450/report-warriors-could-try-to-acquire-both-kevin-love-and-lebron-james

The Warriors are still looking to trade for Kevin Love in order to set themselves up to make a run for free agent-to-be LeBron James, ESPN's Chad Ford told ESPN LA 710 AM on Wednesday.

“At the end of the day, I don't think there's a better Kevin Love deal for the Wolves than what the Warriors can offer, and I think the Warriors are very motivated to get Kevin Love in part I think not just because he's an upgrade over David Lee, but in part because I think that now that you can have a Steph Curry and you have a Kevin Love, I think they feel at that point that they could be credible suitors for LeBron James,” Ford said.

“There are many suitors that are hoping to be credible suitors for LeBron James, but I think the Warriors can make a compelling case for him if they had Curry and Love. They're perfect complements to LeBron James.”

The only way Lebron could come here is if he either signed the MLE or the TE be used to get him. He'll have to take a dramatic pay cut.

I think what is going to happen is that Carmelo will sign there, not at the maximum, and Wade and Bosh will resign, also not for the maximum. Then Lebron will resign for either the MLE or well under maximum salary so the heat don't go into the luxury tax. I think there is a good chance this is a setup by Miami to add Carmelo. It wouldn't be fair but they could do it.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:43 am
Just read that the FO is looking to trade for Parsons and Lin from Houston for the TPE.

Think it might be -

Warriors get: Lin (TE), Love
Wolves get: Parsons (S&T), Lee, Barnes
Rockets get: 9M cap space for Melo signing.

We would get a solid bench ball handler and driver in Lin, as well as Love, while keeping Klay. Rockets would ge their needed cap space to try and sign either Carmelo or Lebron. Parsons is a like a slightly taller version of Klay.

This would be mastery by the FO. It'd get us Love without giving Klay and uses the TE perfectly. Minnesota gets Parsons who has a TO for next season at just under 1 million and is looking to resign for at least 10 million. Houston, as well as some other teams, are crazy to create cap space to try and attract Carmelo or Lebron, among a few other big FAs, and that gives an opportunity to take some talent and/or make a great trade.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 am
migya wrote:Just read that the FO is looking to trade for Parsons and Lin from Houston for the TPE.

Think it might be -

We would get a solid bench ball handler and driver in Lin, as well as Love, while keeping Klay. Rockets would ge their needed cap space to try and sign either Carmelo or Lebron. Parsons is a like a slightly taller version of Klay.

This would be mastery by the FO. It'd get us Love without giving Klay and uses the TE perfectly. Minnesota gets Parsons who has a TO for next season at just under 1 million and is looking to resign for at least 10 million. Houston, as well as some other teams, are crazy to create cap space to try and attract Carmelo or Lebron, among a few other big FAs, and that gives an opportunity to take some talent and/or make a great trade.

Yeah and I guess this also helps if you have to trade Klay in the Love deal, then you have Parsons as somewhat of a replacement offensively. He's not capable of guarding the quicker guards like Klay does though. They would still be taking a step backwards defensively in that scenario. I really think it's Klay's defense that makes the Warriors so reluctant to trade him.

If Minnesota will take Parsons instead of Klay it's a brilliant trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:59 am
Now that the draft has gone Minnesota has even less leverage. All the offerings of picks now are meaningless and it will be a trade of players only in any deal.

The best hope for us really is that Houston agrees to give us Parsons and Lin for the TE. Once it is known what the big three in Miami and Carmelo have decided, Houston and Chicago, if neither get any star, will likely go hard to get Love, maybe throwing alot of players at Minnesota. Chances really are in our favour that Minnesota just trades with us as soon as July 1st comes around.

Here is a nice article on the team's salary situation and what they can do this offseason - http://bluemanhoop.com/2014/06/27/dissecting-the-golden-state-warriors-salary-cap-space-situation/

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 pm
migya wrote:Just read that the FO is looking to trade for Parsons and Lin from Houston for the TPE.

Think it might be -

Migya, I love this scenario!

Barnes still has lots of upside and would be a great stretch 4 on any team. I still fault Coach Jackson for having coddled Lee and retarding the growth and development of Barnes.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:18 pm
Just read an article that says Houston has declined the TO offer for Parsons and so he will be a restricted FA which seems to mean that we can't trade for him and not for the just under 1 million salary he was set to make next season. If that is the case, then the FO missed out on a big chance to get something done. Wonder if they did indeed try hard to do that trade with Houston, getting Lin as well for the TE. Keeping Klay would have been great but now looks dim if we want Love.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 am
If the draft proved anything, it's that the Warriors seem set on NOT dealing Thompson...

... and the result of that mindset thus far is no Kevin Love. Minnesota has been quite clear: if Thompson's off the table, so is Love. They have many, many, MANY other suitors for the best PF in the league.

I also like migya's proposed trade, but I haven't heard anything about the potential Houston trade tying in with a proposed Kevin Love deal. I'd heard the Warriors were floating the trade exception for Lin, and Lin only, because they need a backup PG. Chandler Parsons in place of Klay Thompson is a decent plug, although obvious underpayment (90% of people would take Thompson over Parsons in a heartbeat... as I'm sure Minnesota would).

Houston loses an estimated 11 wins per season based on this trade (although I'm sure the acquisition of Anthony would help bump that up) and Minnesota loses 2 games off this trade, so this is yet another Warrior fan proposal where we come away as the big winners (9 game improvement, FYI)... therefore, I suppose it's natural that we're all on board for that idea, I just don't know if Minnesota or Houston is game for it. If you ask me, Parsons, Barnes, & Lee are much better than anything you're going to get from Boston or Chicago... but why would Houston help us facilitate a deal for Love when they're in the same boat as we are?

Essentially, the Warriors and Rockets are both 4-6 seed teams trying to move into the top 3... Gifting us Kevin Love so that they MIGHT get Carmelo is dubious, at best (key word is might; nothing is set in stone for Houston with this trade; an enormous gamble when you're giving away a young piece like Parsons). Houston helps get us our star... meanwhile, they'll be competing for Anthony with several other teams, except they'll no longer have Parsons as a backup in the event that they fail. I just can't see it happening...

What's that, you say? So we should play hardball with the Rockets and refuse to take Lin's contract unless they help us facilitate a deal for Love? That doesn't mean we'll automatically get what we want. How well has hardball worked with Minnesota thus far...?

IMO, the Warriors are trying to deal for Lin because they're interested in his qualities as a man-breaker off the dribble and they have a hole at backup PG they need to fill... he fits like a glove, in that regard. But if you hold out on Lin for the sake of Houston helping you to get Love, you may end up without Love OR Lin... and, personally, I'd prefer to use the trade exception, rather than just letting it expire, like the JRich one.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:03 pm
The only reason why Houston was offering Parsons was to be able to trade Lin so they could open up cap space to sign either Lebron or Carmelo and it makes total sense ofcourse. They've already traded Asik for nothing, opening up salary space but need more.

Minnesota is in a worse position every day and apparently Love has said he prefers coming to us over every other team that's offered. They are likely hoping some other team comes up with a better offer than ours but they'll probably find themselves losing out.

The TE is very valuable and should be used to get much more than Lin, who is an overrated and tremendously overpaid player. As an example, the TE could get us Vasquez resigned from Toronto (who I think is much better than Lin) and at least one or two good players. Could be used for a resigned PGasol and there would still be at least 2-3 million of the TE left over which could be used on a backup PG from another team.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 pm
Been thinking of another trade scenario to get Love using the TE:

GS sends Lee and Barnes to Boston and 2015 1st rounder to Minnesota,
get Love and Budinger from Minnesota.

Boston sends Rondo to Houston, Green to Minnesota,
get Lee, Barnes from GS,
get Lin and future 1st rounder from Houston.

Houston sends Lin and future 1st rounder to Boston, resigned Parsons to Minnesota,
get Rondo from Boston,
get KMartin and Barea from Minnesota.

Minnesota sends Love to GS, KMartin and Barea to Houston,
get Parsons from Houston, Green from Boston and 2015 1st rounder from GS.

Seems like fair trade for all. Boston will trade Rondo if they don't get a star FA and they get Lin, the expirer, Lee who produces well and can probably go Center for them, being an expirer in one year, they get Barnes who will get a chance to get the ball often and show if he can meet expectations and a future 1st rounder from Houston. I'd even give Boston Nedovic and Kuzmic, as well as our 2019 1st rounder if needed. Minnesota gets Green and Parsons who both can score and Parsons looks like he'll get better, as well as our 2015 1st rounder. Houston should throw in another future 1st rounder to Minnesota if needed or one of it's young cheap and proiductive players, like Ross. Houston gets another star to go with Harden and Dwight, though not one of the stars they were aiming for in FA. They take on two of Minnesota's bad contracts but Barea expirers after next season and KMartin can either be their starting SG with Harden going to SF or be the 6th man. We get Love and we take Budinger, the bad contract.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:30 pm
With Lebron now going to Cleveland and the rumours of them aiming to get trade for Love, it is likely that Love will go to Cleveland and probably resign there to stay with Lebron. Our FO will likely through Klay into the trade mix, if they hadn't already, but it likely will not be enough.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:23 pm
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o94o9tp

Lee Barnes Speights 1st rounder for K Love Martin

honestly Twolves, that ain't bad. You get Lee, a solid PF in his prime, you get a high ceiling Barnes, and you shed Martin's contract. Maybe I'm just overvaluing them idk.

What's the competition though? Which team is offering better pieces for Love? I haven't been paying attention
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:26 pm
migya wrote:With Lebron now going to Cleveland and the rumours of them aiming to get trade for Love, it is likely that Love will go to Cleveland and probably resign there to stay with Lebron. Our FO will likely through Klay into the trade mix, if they hadn't already, but it likely will not be enough.

Cavs assured Wiggins he wouldn't be in a Love deal. But that could be just posturing. Other than Wiggins, I don't think Cavs have enough pieces to offer to get Love.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 pm
Cavs are offering Waiters, Bennett and a draft pick for Love. That is a terrible offer. Waiters, while talented, is the cancer on that team and they are desperate to get rid of him.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball