L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling reportedly makes racist

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:57 pm
Never underestimate the ability of Donald Sterling to do something to embarrass his team.

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/04/26/ ... irlfriend/

Clippers owners Donald Sterling has allegedly told his multiracial girlfriend he doesn’t want her to bring black people, including NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson, to his NBA games.

The argument appears to be centered around photos his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, posted to her Instagram feed. Hear the recording, posted by TMZ Sports, above.

In the nearly 10-minute heated exchange, Sterling tells his girlfriend, who identifies herself as a “mix,” that he wants her to love black people privately and not post photos of herself with minorities.

He told her that she’s “supposed to be a delicate white or a delicate Latina girl” and taking photos with minorities is like “talking to an enemy.”

He added, “Why bring it to my games?” around 4:05 and later in the argument specifically says he doesn’t want Magic Johnson to come to his games.

In her rebuttal, she said “I’m sorry that you still have people around you that are full of racism and hate in their heart. I’m sorry that you’re still racist in your heart.”

Appearing on TNT, former NBA superstar Charles Barkley said “he has to be suspended right now” by Commissioner Adam Silver, assuming the tape is genuine.

Former star center Shaquille O’Neal added that “there is a question whether he should continue to be an owner.”

V. Stiviano’s Instagram feed is currently set to private.

The Clippers, by the way, will play the Warriors in the playoffs on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. in Oakland. The Clippers lead the series 2-1.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:20 pm
Feel sorry for the Clippers players right now who have to work for him.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:10 pm
Anyone who has payed attention knew Sterling was racist.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:15 am
Exactly, this is nothing new. He treated Elgin Baylor like crap, and unfortunately got away with it. Everyone that has worked for him has stated how Sterling is as an owner.

I hope he is forced to sell the team.

Return to Warriors Basketball