Pau Gasol FA

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 am
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/pau-gasol---there-d-have-to-be-significant-changes--for-me-to-return-to-lakers-in-free-agency-010839402.html

Interesting article about how PGasol likely will leave the Lakers. It was obvious he would and I think he is a great target for us. He has gotten the big money and at his age, soon to be 34, he wants chances at a championship. Especially if Jermaine retires, the FO should go hard at PGasol, offering at least the MLE. The salary cap is increasing, allowing us more of a chance to sign him. He'd fit in great, bringing proven ability on both ends of the court. With the team's performance this season, even with the injuries we've had, PGasol will certainly see us as a contender, with him being the incredient that could take us to a championship.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 am
Yeah I read that article. I thought about the Warriors. I don't know? He is still pretty productive for his age I guess. Can they afford him? Or would their money be used better some other way? How would he fit in with Bogut? Do you just rotate them in and out or could you play them at the same time? I think it might not work playing them both at the same time. I don't think they'd be able to get up and down fast enough and end up getting outrun.

My feeling is he would be a nice addition, but that he is probably going to be asking for more money than the Warriors want to give him.

And I kind of wonder how he would fit in with their style of play. I guess he is pretty versatile. It would be nice to have somebody with a solid post up game, that's for sure.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 pm
The MLE is not that low amount of money, especially at his age. He is worth more yea, but if he wants to go to a contender, likely he'll be a backup to start with and so not get huge money.

As for his game, still very good, just not as good as it was a few years ago. For me, it's the fact he plays both ends well that makes him a great fit for the team. Especially if Jermaine leaves, he replaces him with more and still keeps our interior defense going well. He would also be a great insurance if Lee or Bogut get injured throughout the season.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball