Warriors Acquire Steve Blake

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:40 pm
... For nothing.

MarShon Brooks and Kent Bazemore to LAL.

Discuss!

Site Admin
» Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 pm
I'm indifferent. It's clearly just a rental and we obviously feel like we still need depth at guard. Brooks's D wasn't nearly where it needed to be to get any significant PT, same with Bazemore's offensive consistency. I really don't see either one of those guys being an impact player for the next 3-4 seasons.

Blake can definitely run the offense, but I felt like Crawford was doing a decent job. Maybe they're thinking of freeing up Crawford to play the 2?

» Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:43 pm
That's exactly what they're doing. Crawford's a street ball PG and our system doesn't give him the freedom he needs to thrive as a playmaker. Steve Blake is a traditional guy who will fit like a glove. Our second unit becomes:

C. Jermaine O'Neal
PF. Draymond Green
SF. Harrison Barnes
SG. Jordan Crawford
PG. Steve Blake

Not bad, no? I think this will be a tremendous help. Especially considering Blake can put Steph off the ball, ala Jack.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:44 pm
Excellent trade. I'm sure Harrison Barnes will appreciate Blake's ability to run an offence.

» Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Yeah, i agree 32. Blake will allow for curry to play more off ball and be more of a 2 threat (something lacking since last year). Its a rental, but it's a low risk trade that fits an immediate need.

Franchise Player
» Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:49 am
Blake knows how to hit 3's.

If you look at the statistic that this is the warriors identity.

You upgrade ball handling & 3 balls for 2 guys that are 9th-11th into the rotation.

I wonder how many minutes Blake will log.. I'm guessing no less then 10 no more then 15?

I still think they'll play Igudala a bit at the point forward but Blake is the perfect bit of insurance.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:15 am
I like the trade because it addresses a huge need, gives us a legit PG, a vet, a guy who can run the offense -- and we got him for scraps!

turned Tony Douglass, Bazemore, and Marshon Brooks into Steve Blake and Jordan Crawford. uuupppgraaade

not just the blockbuster trades, but more under the radar moves like these that upgrade the team piece by piece, are why Myers has been a helluva GM imo. full / healthy squad and this team should make the Conf. finals cuz they got enough talent starters & bench to do so.

Curry / Blake / Nedovic
Klay / J Crawford
Iggy / H Barnes
D Lee / D Green / Speights
Bogut / J O'Neal / Ezeli

Starting Lineup
» Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 am
Solid trade, though I would've liked to have seen the team get Caman too...

Site Admin
» Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:26 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Solid trade, though I would've liked to have seen the team get Caman too...

Maybe Ezeli will come back before his rookie contract is up?

» Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 pm
He looked aiiiite for a first game.

Little rusty, clearly needs time to adjust to his teammates.

But, besides the buzzbeater and the heave to beat the shot-clock, he was 1-for-3 with a block and an assist and he logged decent minutes. I'll take that.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:21 pm
...and he has playoff experience. I've been hoping that we'd get a true point guard and they got one. Thank you.

I'm happy we didn't get Kaman. Did you see him trying to defend against Howard the other day? Terrible. His defence is non-existent. He's not the same player that he was when he was at the Clippers. I'd rather wait for Ezeli to come back.

Jarrett Jack has also gone off the boil this season. I'm sure some of that is because he's playing with the Cavs but I think we may have let him go at the right time. Most of the work that he did for the Warriors was in isolation plays so the Cavs shouldn't effect his game that much. His shooting percentage has dropped and is the worst of his career.

All Star
» Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:31 am
I was worried about JJ for several reasons, but one of the main things was that two point field goal percentage is the least stable percentage for any player in the league. It varies the most of any shot. It's weird, but threes have less change year to year.

If you take a close look at Jack's efficiency year to year it goes from efficient, to inefficient, to efficient, etc. And the biggest change every single year is his midrange shot.

Plus he is on the Cavs, which is a dumpster fire.

All Star
» Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:06 pm
At this point, nothing to complain about. It's interesting to see Blake on the Warriors.

» Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:54 pm
Agreed, Blake looked like he was ready for more minutes last night... he was orchestrating like crazy.

It's gotta feel pretty good for Steve to go from a team of NOBODY to a team with more guns than the NRA. He was having a ball finding Barnes, O'Neal, Green, etc last night. Once he gets on cue with Klay and Steph's favorite spots, it'll be even nastier.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am
Myers is real good. Another nice addition with practically nothing lost. Blake should fill in nicely and allow for certain options.

I still think Iguodala should playmake a fair amount, he did so well for so many years, but Blake does allow for alot of options.