Warriors need a point guard

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 am
Stairway Man wrote:That was a great deal

I've seen some dubs fans salty over losing Baze, but that's just ridiculous considering our needs and what Alex Smith :mrgreen: brings to the table. I think there's a bit of an Anthony Randolph complex with our fans and Bazemore - dude has some raw skills, but isn't nearly as good as they'd like to believe.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:56 pm
Bazemore is a cheerleader.

Brooks is a street baller who'll be playing in Turkey in 3 years.

We got a top 5 backup point for scraps. I'll take it all day.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 pm
It was a beautiful move. Now the question is, is Nedo worthy of being the 3rd string point guard?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 pm
I was down to give Nedo more minutes in the beginning of the year, but it seems like Jackson has already decided he needs at least 1 year in the D-League to get his growing pains out.

When I saw Iguodala take over backup PG after Douglas got hurt, I lost all hope of seeing Nedo this year.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:07 pm
Sheer conjecture: I doubt Nedo ever gets more than 5 minutes of PT in a game for us. Myers seems to hit on players that contribute right away; if you count 2011 has his first draft with Klay (starter by mid-season) and Jenkins (played a lot is rookie year, no longer in the league. 2012 was an amazing draft (by our standards) with Barnes, Ezeli, Green, and Kuzmic (not a good example). I know it's a small sample, and I know Nedo was a project to begin with, but I don't have a lot of optimism.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:08 pm
With Blake expiring in the offseason, Crawford being more of a combo guard, and Douglas getting dealt to Florida, I'd say Nedovic's best chance of making a splash will be in this year's summer league. When Anthony Morrow and Anthony Randolph blew those tournaments up (dropping 40+, averaging 25ish, displaying moves and initiative), they got some serious run in the preseason to determine if they could be trusted with a bigger role when it counted. The Warriors struck outta the 1st round in this year's draft. If they intend on fixing backup PG in-house, Nedovic has a real shot at it next year.

Of course, all that goes to hell if Blake resigns... but I doubt the Warriors will make an enormous effort to retain him if a dumb spender (like, say, the Lakers *cough* Kobe) make Steve a laughable offer. You don't wanna pay him like a starter; but if Blake can be had for a deal similar to the one he's got now, then I hope GS makes an honest effort to bring him back. It took him no time at all to develop chemistry with some of the crew.

And I can honestly say I haven't seen a PG orchestrate our offense this smoothly since Baron Davis. Steph, Monta, Nate, JJ, CJ, etc... all closer to being shot-happy combo guards than actual point guards. It's a joy to watch Blake work. He understands the geometry of the game so well; the spacing, the timing, he doesn't rush his passes or force them into tough situations, he knows when to bounce it and when to send it, he finds the hot hand, he goes into a play with the intention of finding the open man... he's just a real proper point guard in every sense of the word. If you can't already tell, I dig his game.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball