2014 NBA Allstars

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm
Lee doesn't deserve to be picked this year but Curry has to be there. He has been killing it in clutch situations recently and has continued his form from the end of last season. I think Curry is currently 3rd in voting for western conference guards. We need to keep voting every day to make sure it happens.

http://allstarballot.nba.com/daily?refe ... b14_nbadrd
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm
The west is so damn tough.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 am
Even with the west being tough, Curry has to be selected. My guess, its only him. But still… dude is totally worthy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:37 am
I also think it will only be Curry but if Klay continues like he has thus far up until selections end, he could be picked as 11th/12th player.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:07 am
No… the nba is incredibly slow in acknowledging players. Mainly because there are only 12 slots… I think they should add 15 slots per team for the All-Star Game, because all the other major sports add more players to the All-Star roster but NBA. Having more all-stars means more team representations, meaning more people tuning in. And less snubs. So win-win
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:33 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:No… the nba is incredibly slow in acknowledging players. Mainly because there are only 12 slots… I think they should add 15 slots per team for the All-Star Game, because all the other major sports add more players to the All-Star roster but NBA. Having more all-stars means more team representations, meaning more people tuning in. And less snubs. So win-win

IMO, the NBA All Star selection is the worst out of all the major American sports. It's a sheer popularity contest and has little to do with how good a player is at the time. We have Kobe garnering the 2nd most votes in the West with is six games played (SIX!!!), Nash beating Damian Lillard (also only six games), and Jeremy Lin getting the Chinese/Yao Ming treatment to be 4th in the Western backcourt. It's a joke. They need to do something because the fans are ruining the game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:18 pm
JREED wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:No… the nba is incredibly slow in acknowledging players. Mainly because there are only 12 slots… I think they should add 15 slots per team for the All-Star Game, because all the other major sports add more players to the All-Star roster but NBA. Having more all-stars means more team representations, meaning more people tuning in. And less snubs. So win-win

IMO, the NBA All Star selection is the worst out of all the major American sports. It's a sheer popularity contest and has little to do with how good a player is at the time. We have Kobe garnering the 2nd most votes in the West with is six games played (SIX!!!), Nash beating Damian Lillard (also only six games), and Jeremy Lin getting the Chinese/Yao Ming treatment to be 4th in the Western backcourt. It's a joke. They need to do something because the fans are ruining the game.

I think there at least has to be a change in the requirements to be selected as allstar, mainly games played, which should be at least half the games played up to the point that allstar selection ends.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 am
Curry is currently 3rd in voting for guards in the West(Behind Kobe?). Surely he'll be picked by the coaches this year.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/allsta ... s-20131226

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:44 pm
Curry's getting in, no doubt.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:44 am
Lee's been solid. He should get in. LMA is the biggest PF talk, but he was in last year so he's not taking an extra spot away. Maybe Love or Dirk have a shot but probably no Zbo this year. Westbrook & maybe Kobe out, So I think Lee getting in is a possibility. But then again I forgot. Curry will take up one more spot.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:39 am
You're right. Lee has been very good lately but Love, Aldridge and Griffin will all be in before Lee.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:03 am
Ringo wrote:You're right. Lee has been very good lately but Love, Aldridge and Griffin will all be in before Lee.

But there is no Z bo this year and Kobe might sit.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 pm
Looks like Curry is finally getting some recognition and will be starting in this year All Star Game.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/09/2014 ... index.html
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:37 pm
So is Kobe gonna start?
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:29 am
Ringo wrote:Looks like Curry is finally getting some recognition and will be starting in this year All Star Game.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/09/2014 ... index.html

I saw that, unfortunately he won't be no.1 as he rightfully should be. It's an embarrassment to the league and the "fans" that Kobe has nearly 170, 000 more votes than Curry, and is 4th in total voting.

I know we have, and everyone else has, beat this topic to death, but I'm convinced that a large portion of the voters couldn't even be considered actual fans. I doubt these people that are just blindly voting have watched more than a handful of games. Wade has more votes than Irving; Rose is 3rd in the Eastern backcourt; Blake Griffin is leading far better players like Love and Aldridge; Jeremy Lin having any votes at all, let alone being 4th in the Western backcourt... it just pisses me off.

At least some justice will be served with Curry - the best PG in the world - getting the start... just barely.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball