Dubs bench

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:46 pm
Barnes has got to perform better. He has looked less so far this season than the same time last season. He is a finisher, not a distributor and should be better by now. Hopefully he gains confidence.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:32 pm
^ Barnes looked great against the Clips 2 days ago, migs. Got to the rack, attacked the defense, played with intensity. Barnes talent hasn't wavered; he simply needs to assert himself on a more regular basis.

The bench has absolutely looked better, JREED. I credit the addition of another playmaker - Jordan Crawford, who received mixed reviews when he arrived... I saw many Warriors fans on other sites griping about having another shot-hungry guard who needs the ball a lot, but so far Crawford has slipped into Jack's former role quite nicely. When Crawford is on, it opens up the floor for the rest of the 2nd unit. Based on Speights' marked improvement since the trade, Barnes' breakout game a few nights ago, and the Warrior guards looking spry with the extra rest, I'd say the trade has been a solid win so far.

Brooks is the only x-factor... and, in limited minutes, he's looked like the stereotype we heard about coming into this season, rather than the hot prospect we saw in Jersey. Hopefully Mark can teach him how to work at a professional level. His defense isn't as bad as some on here have claimed, but his shot selection is terrible and the ball absolutely never comes back out after it's fed into him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball