Lots of Bogut news!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24438759/report-warriors-open-to-trading-anyone-but-curry-and-bogut

Good little article on our trade pieces.

The Jist of the article Untouchables are Bogut & Curry.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 pm
Unless it's for a superstar that doesn't cost too much trade wise and fits (not Carmelo), then the team should stay put for the season.

The team hasn't performed as good as expected but the roster should continue as is and look to improve defensively.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:36 am
It's time to sell high on Klay Thompson. His game is not really progressing and his defensive lapses combined with literally disappearing for long stretches and lack of detail in his game have become tiresome. He is a luxury on this team and I believe it would be wise to flip him for a couple of real 6th and 7th men. Two Guards are some of the most easily replaceable pieces in the NBA. He is way too finesse.
This season is not a flop.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:02 am
I am not sure how two guards are the easiest in the league to replace when there is the least amount of talent in that position.

That being said, I am willing to trade anyone if the deal is right.

Minnesota will only accept Klay + Lee + First rounder for Love at this point. And they will probably will wait till next year to do it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:21 pm
Interesting story about Bogut's injury.

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaki ... 32h85.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10439 ... miami-heat
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:35 am
Minnesota has not even been able to be a 50% team with Love since he arrived a few years ago, they're the ones in need of change. I wouldn't give more than Lee and DGreen.

I still think the team is good with the roster it has, it's just getting it together properly.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm
They still have leverage since his contract doesn't run out next year. We are bidding vs other teams.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 am
Wouldn't give Lee and Klay for him. As good as I think Love is, he just hasn't had real superstar impact since arriving in the nba. Compared to KG, who had great impact for them from his second season onwards, Love isn't impacting like a superstar. Granted, Minnesota has a rather bad roster, but so did Garnett's TWolves and they won more, over 50% most seasons he was there.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:09 pm
Twolves are 19 points with Love off the floor. He does have a superstar impact.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:05 am
Kevin Love is the same Defensive Liability that David Lee is..

Don't get me wrong i love both those guys rebounding abilities but i just don't trust either with protecting the rim.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 am
And, like David Lee, his overall production is a net gain due to top-notch offense and rebounding.

Only Kevin Love is an MVP candidate and David Lee is an all-star reserve.

If you come away with the biggest piece in a trade, you've won.

I agree with Myers. Outside of Curry and Bogut, anybody should be available. David Lee with either Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes makes our team championship favorites in the West. Let that sink in.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:01 pm
32 wrote:And, like David Lee, his overall production is a net gain due to top-notch offense and rebounding.

Only Kevin Love is an MVP candidate and David Lee is an all-star reserve.

If you come away with the biggest piece in a trade, you've won.

I agree with Myers. Outside of Curry and Bogut, anybody should be available. David Lee with either Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes makes our team championship favorites in the West. Let that sink in.

I know it's a net gain HOWEVER

I need my team to have an identity... the last time we've had a power forward who could play defense was?

I'm assuming Kevin Love plays PF alongside Bogut?

& how does Kevin Love shots affected playing on Warriors alongside guys like Curry, Thompson & Iggy. I assume he'd take a big chunk of what David Lee does but still he'd go from being no.1 option in Minesota to approx 3rd option in Golden State.

I'd honestly rather head down a different pathway at power forward then Kevin Love.. Probably rather keep David Lee to be honest.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:04 pm
The only reason I'd rather keep Lee is because Love will eventually cost $20 million.

He's like Lee; he doesn't need a lot of plays ran for him. Love would likely inherit the Bogut screens at the 3-point line... only teams would be f*cked cause they couldn't hedge Curry anymore. If you have Love & Curry running a 3-point pick and role, who do you guard? It's a pick-your-poison that would be the most perfectly ran play in all of basketball. Plus, did I mention he gets 12 boards a night? So I'm sure he'll find 4 or 6 points on putbacks a night.

Kevin Love is the best PF in the game.

Also, why does everyone act like our PF has to be a defensive stud? We're 3rd in the league in overall defensive rating with Bogut and Lee handling the paint. Love would be comparable to Lee. So long as Bogut's back there, who cares how the other guy plays defense? Bogut's used to erasing shots.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm
32 wrote:

Also, why does everyone act like our PF has to be a defensive stud? We're 3rd in the league in overall defensive rating with Bogut and Lee handling the paint. Love would be comparable to Lee. So long as Bogut's back there, who cares how the other guy plays defense? Bogut's used to erasing shots.

I think we could be a stronger team with David Lee gone.

Don't get me wrong, he tries really really hard but he just doesn't have it to succeed on defense.

The fact the best warriors basketball of the last 2 years was played when David Lee was injured during last years nba playoffs is a reason why i am at least going to ponder him off our team?

The things David Lee does well
*shoots
*Defensive rebounds
*passes
*hustle

the things David Lee could work on.
*DEFENSE (can't stress it enough)

I'm sure the pros outweigh the cons.. but how about give me a Chris Bosh for David Lee trade (if it works cap wise) and the warriors & heat both get better.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 pm
PAWNO wrote:
32 wrote:

I think we could be a stronger team with David Lee gone.

Don't get me wrong, he tries really really hard but he just doesn't have it to succeed on defense.

The fact the best warriors basketball of the last 2 years was played when David Lee was injured during last years nba playoffs is a reason why i am at least going to ponder him off our team?

The things David Lee does well
*shoots
*Defensive rebounds
*passes
*hustle

the things David Lee could work on.
*DEFENSE (can't stress it enough)

I'm sure the pros outweigh the cons.. but how about give me a Chris Bosh for David Lee trade (if it works cap wise) and the warriors & heat both get better.

We are still the best defensive team in the West regardless. Defensive is a team centric thing and you can get away with bad defensive players. Bulls lost Deng and have Boozer manning a good amount of minutes and they are second in the league at defense.

As long as our team defense is elite I don't really care that Lee is bad at defense. Or that Love will be at defense. Bogut and Love are the perfect front court mates. Love lacks a defensive presence near center.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball