Michael Malone to Coach Sacramento

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 pm
http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_ ... -agrees-be

:banghead: Dude, f*ck the Kings... First Eric Musselman, then Keith Smart, now Michael Malone. Can we say...

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:56 pm
Sucks. Glad for Malone, hoping he would go to a team in the East.

We will likely to continue having problems vs Sac now that this happened.

For Kings fans reading this: Malone is a very good coach, don't worry.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 pm
I liked Malone a lot as well. I would entertain bringing smart back cuz dude had some really damn good inbound plays. Inbounding was one of the things that got us in trouble in the playoffs, so there's that.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:00 pm
That's all Smart can do, honestly.

Onion perfectly describing Smart's offense: http://www.theonion.com/articles/sacram ... ofb,31506/
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 pm
yoo so who do you think will be / should be Malone's replacement?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:42 pm
Honestly, I saw Mark Jackson drawing up a ton of x's and o's during the playoffs...

Maybe we underestimated MJax by labeling him as just a motivational speaker? :dontknow: He's changed the culture, made this a defensive team, got his guys to go balls out (even when the playoffs were completely out of reach 2 years ago), and bumped this franchise from a fringe-playoff cellar squad to a potentially great, bona fide top 5 Western power.

This seems like the hypothetical that never goes away, but if Bogut can stay healthy for over 70 games (without any of the core 4 going down with a season-ender), I truly think this team is a top 4 roster in the Western conference. I see the Thunder, the Spurs, and the Clippers as the only teams with definitively better talent. I said it last year and I'll say it again this year: the tie-breaker for the 2nd-tier of Western Conference teams (which, to my mind, includes Denver, Memphis, and Golden State) is health. Stephen Curry, Andrew Bogut, Zack Randolph, Marc Gasol, Ty Lawson, and Danillo Gallinari's health, to be specific. If any of those guys go down for a prolonged period of time, it'll be disastrous for their teams. The Warriors can't expect the same lightening in a bottle type of production with only 30 regular season games of Bogut.

But as far as Malone's replacement... I'm pretty confident in the job Jackson can do on his own.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 am
Add a superstar to the Houston squad and they're up there competing with us for that 4th spot. Got to give Memphis more credit as well. West is just really damn tough. I hope all these free agents go East this year. That needs to happen.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:30 am
Houston wants Howard or Bynum. The way I see it, both could push them over the top or implode them. I gotta wait and see, as far as how the Rockets turn up. Nellieball teams don't usually win more than around .500, so I guess you could say I respect them cause they have our number, but I'm not afraid of them in the long run. They have Harden, Asik, Parson's aiiite, and Lin is the most overrated player in the league. We'll see how they finish; but I'm betting, it's between 7-10 again.

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 am
32 wrote:Houston wants Howard or Bynum. The way I see it, both could push them over the top or implode them. I gotta wait and see, as far as how the Rockets turn up. Nellieball teams don't usually win more than around .500, so I guess you could say I respect them cause they have our number, but I'm not afraid of them in the long run. They have Harden, Asik, Parson's aiiite, and Lin is the most overrated player in the league. We'll see how they finish; but I'm betting, it's between 7-10 again.

Golden State's answer to either Howard or Bynum going to Houston: Ognjen Kuzmić. He was a second round pick in the 2012 draft. Watch this kid...he is good...he may become the team's center of the future.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 am
32 wrote:Houston wants Howard or Bynum. The way I see it, both could push them over the top or implode them. I gotta wait and see, as far as how the Rockets turn up. Nellieball teams don't usually win more than around .500, so I guess you could say I respect them cause they have our number, but I'm not afraid of them in the long run. They have Harden, Asik, Parson's aiiite, and Lin is the most overrated player in the league. We'll see how they finish; but I'm betting, it's between 7-10 again.

D12 on the Rockets would be ridiculous. That is, if Dwight's healthy. The Rockets with him, Harden, Parsons, Lin/Beverly/Brooks/Asik ... they'd be better than the Magic team he brought to the finals. All they'd really be missing is a big with a jumper but u can find that in free agency. Landry would be perfect for them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 am
Beast Mode wrote:

D12 on the Rockets would be ridiculous. That is, if Dwight's healthy. The Rockets with him, Harden, Parsons, Lin/Beverly/Brooks/Asik ... they'd be better than the Magic team he brought to the finals. All they'd really be missing is a big with a jumper but u can find that in free agency. Landry would be perfect for them.

Fsho, with Howard or Bynum, you gotta respect them as a top 3 or 4 roster, purely because of how good Harden is and how many jumpers they can.

But if they stand pat, they're a 7-seed and that's assuming they don't have any freak injuries. The Warriors got a 6-spot with only 30 games from Bogut. The Rockets would fall completely out of contention without Asik or Harden.

Return to Warriors Basketball