*PAWNO ON THE CLOCK! Redistribution of NBA Talent 2013!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 pm
The Zach Randolph that was taken 7 picks back?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:36 pm
Al Jefferson.

Is anyone else having some difficulties navigating the 1st post, man? Nothing against you, 32, I appreciate the job you're doing, but I feel like the layout of the front page could be better.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:43 pm
How would you lay it out?

I dunno how else to spell it out. I have the initial draft order with owners and coaches in the 1st post with the rules, the complete draft order with players taken and trades in the 2nd post, and the rosters per team as they fill out in the 3rd post. What else is there?

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm
I believe the lay out is fine. I have had no problem using it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:18 pm
Guess Im just retarded.

I would just compile a list of players already taken at the top. List the teams once and the players they've chosen.

E.G.

Players Taken

Blah blah blah

Teams

1. Cleveland (Pawno) - Lebron James, Demarcus Cousins
2. Orlando (Mr. C) - Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala
3. Washington (8th) Derrick Rose, Asik

It eliminates a lot of unnecessary scrolling.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm
CTRL + F

That will take away all the scrolling.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:35 am
8th ave wrote:Guess Im just retarded.

I would just compile a list of players already taken at the top. List the teams once and the players they've chosen.

E.G.

Players Taken

Blah blah blah

Teams

1. Cleveland (Pawno) - Lebron James, Demarcus Cousins
2. Orlando (Mr. C) - Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala
3. Washington (8th) Derrick Rose, Asik

It eliminates a lot of unnecessary scrolling.

I like this idea, probably because that's the way it's done in the fantasy football thread.

Blackfoot wrote:CTRL + F

That will take away all the scrolling.

Yeah, if you're looking for a particular player or if you know what you are looking for in general, but what if I want to browse? What if I want to know what players a few particular teams have? Sure it's possible without scrolling, but really inefficient. 8th ave's suggestion is just a better way of presenting this data.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:47 pm
Meh, I don't think you're describing "efficient". I think you're describing a more familiar method to you. Listing the players taken two or three times for the benefit of people not keeping up with the thread is not efficient. All you have to do is look at my second post in the thread to see who's taken. That's it. It's not that hard.

I'm also not going to list out every single player not taken so far. Aside from the absurd amount of work that would be for me, picking talent is the name of the game. I shouldn't have to spoon feed the players to you guys. It's bad enough JREED is phoning in 2 of his teams and making me autopick rosters for him. I created this thread to have a little fun over the offseason and its becoming an enormous pain in my ass.

I literally have to update the first thread's heading EVERY pick or people complain. I keep an update list of the draft to the exact pick because if its not ABSOLUTELY current, it's my fault for people not keeping up with the thread. I even keep a running list of team rosters so guys have a good idea of what their teams need. You guys are making checking the forum once a day sound like an impossible task, but you don't seem to realize that if I don't check this place 7 or 8 times daily to update this thread, people find something to bitch about.

I don't mind doing the organizing for this thread and keeping it updated; somebody's gotta do it and it might as well be me. But I don't have a lotta patience for this complaining crap about the first page because some people can't be bothered to read the 8 posts that have been made since their last pick. Just read the friggin thread ONCE before making your pick. If you're a slow reader, it'll take you 3 minutes. That's not a lot.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Nikola Vucevic (one of the most underrated player in NBA)to the T-Wolves. Dude is insane at rebounds. Averaged 13ppg, 12rb for the season, plus 14ppg, 14rbs after all-star break. Perfect complement to Westbrook

PG. Russel Westbrook
SG
SF
PF
C. Nikola Vucevic

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm
I like Vucevic. I remember being one of the few people who didn't think the Magic got ripped off in that four way trade.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 pm
Brandon Jennings
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:20 pm
Sactown takes Nikola Pekovic - seems fitting to keep that front court together. I was torn between Pekovic and Greg Monroe - same exp, comparable numbers, but Pekovic has better numbers per minute and I think he'll be the better center next season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:30 pm
JREED wrote:Sactown takes Nikola Pekovic - seems fitting to keep that front court together. I was torn between Pekovic and Greg Monroe - same exp, comparable numbers, but Pekovic has better numbers per minute and I think he'll be the better center next season.

Noooooo!!!!

I wanted him.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:31 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
JREED wrote:Sactown takes Nikola Pekovic - seems fitting to keep that front court together. I was torn between Pekovic and Greg Monroe - same exp, comparable numbers, but Pekovic has better numbers per minute and I think he'll be the better center next season.

Noooooo!!!!

I wanted him.

My bad.

Thread updated.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 pm
32 wrote:Meh, I don't think you're describing "efficient". I think you're describing a more familiar method to you. Listing the players taken two or three times for the benefit of people not keeping up with the thread is not efficient. All you have to do is look at my second post in the thread to see who's taken. That's it. It's not that hard.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about it being more efficient to maintain, I was only saying it's easier to browse for the participants. Although, after updating the thread I'd argue that the method 8th and I suggested would be easier to maintain as well. I had to update two posts and Ctrl+F through those massive lists both times to insert the names.

BTW, the way it's setup now you have to list those taken players twice - our method wouldn't be any different in this regard.

32 wrote: I'm also not going to list out every single player not taken so far. Aside from the absurd amount of work that would be for me, picking talent is the name of the game.

I wasn't suggesting that you list players not taken. This sort of thing works in a fantasy draft with 12-16 teams, but this list would be too big for this type of thing.

32 wrote:I shouldn't have to spoon feed the players to you guys. It's bad enough JREED is phoning in 2 of his teams and making me autopick rosters for him. I created this thread to have a little fun over the offseason and its becoming an enormous pain in my ass.

I only said that about one of my teams (Jazz) and I did this because I figured it would speed things up a little. My bad, I guess. Also, it doesn't have to be you that autopicks either - anyone can do it and it might be best that blackfoot or pawno do it since they'd be picking before/after that team.

Not sure what to say about it being a pain in the ass, except for maybe we look to finding a better way on maintaining the draft progress.

32 wrote:I literally have to update the first thread's heading EVERY pick or people complain. I keep an update list of the draft to the exact pick because if its not ABSOLUTELY current, it's my fault for people not keeping up with the thread. I even keep a running list of team rosters so guys have a good idea of what their teams need. You guys are making checking the forum once a day sound like an impossible task, but you don't seem to realize that if I don't check this place 7 or 8 times daily to update this thread, people find something to bitch about.

I was unaware that you were getting so many complaints about not updating this thread. Us mods could lend a hand here and there, but it seemed to me that you had it pretty well in hand and that you were doing a good job of keeping it updated. I'll make more of an effort to pitch in. I know I slipped a couple of times (24+ hrs), but it isn't all about checking in every day - sometimes it has more to do with the time of day when that pick before you is finally in.

32 wrote:I don't mind doing the organizing for this thread and keeping it updated; somebody's gotta do it and it might as well be me. But I don't have a lotta patience for this complaining crap about the first page because some people can't be bothered to read the 8 posts that have been made since their last pick. Just read the friggin thread ONCE before making your pick. If you're a slow reader, it'll take you 3 minutes. That's not a lot.

Again, I was unaware that so many people were complaining. Maybe 8th's post was a gripe, but I wasn't complaining. Try not to take it too personal man, I don't understand why people get so worked up about these things.

If you'd like, I could rearrange the first or second post to what 8th and I we were talking about. It really is a tried and true method, we do it every year for fantasy football and Migs used it here for the NBA Legends Draft.

Here:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers (PAWNO) - Erik Spoelstra - LeBron James (1-1, 1), (1-60, 60),
2. Orlando Magic (Mr. Crackerz) - Rudy Tomjanovic - Kevin Durant (1-2, 2), (1-59, 59),
3. Washington Wizards (8th Ave) - Mike Budenholzer - Derek Rose (1-3, 3), (1-58, 58),
4. Charlotte Bobcats (32) - Mike D'Antoni - Chris Paul (1-4, 4), (1-57, 57),
5. Phoenix Suns (Guybrush) - Mike Brown - Kobe Bryant (1-5, 5), (1-56, 56),
6. New Orleans Pelicans (Blackfoot) - Billy Cunningham - James Harden (1-6, 6), (1-55, 55),
7. Sacramento Kings (JREED) - Keith Smart - Kevin Love (1-7, 7), Nikola Pekovic (1-54, 54),
8. Detroit Pistons (PAWNO) - Tom Izzo - Dwight Howard (1-8, 8), Brandon Jennings (1-53, 53),
9. Minnesota Timberwolves (Mr. Crackerz) - Lenny Wilkens - Russell Westbrook (1-9, 9), Nikola Vucevic (1-52, 52),
10. Portland Trail Blazers (8th Ave) - Jeff Van Gundy - Tony Parker (1-10, 10), Al Jefferson (1-51, 51),
11. Philadelphia 76ers (32) - Scott Skiles - Carmelo Anthony (1-11, 11), Jrue Holiday (1-50, 50),
12. Toronto Raptors (Guybrush) - Jeff Hornacek - Stephen Curry (1-12, 12), Joe Johnson (1-49, 49),
13. Dallas Mavericks (Blackfoot) - Stan Van Gundy - Marc Gasol (1-13, 13), Kenneth Faried (1-48, 48),
14. Utah Jazz (JREED) - Lionell Hollins - Mike Dunleavy Jr (1-14, 14), Troy Murphy (1-47, 47),
15. Milwaukee Bucks (PAWNO) - Jason Kidd - Tim Duncan (1-15, 15), Pau Gasol (1-46, 46),
16. Boston Celtics (Mr. Crackerz) - Don Nelson - Brook Lopez (1-16, 16), Damian Lillard (1-45, 45),
17. Atlanta Hawks (8th Ave) - George Karl - Kyrie Irving (1-17, 17), Josh Smith (1-44, 44),
18. Houston Rockets (32) - Byron Scott - Blake Griffin (1-18, 18), Ricky Rubio (1-43, 43),
19. Los Angeles Lakers (Guybrush) - Larry Brown - Deron Williams (1-19, 19), Zach Randolph (1-42, 42),
20. Chicago Bulls (Blackfoot) - Rick Adleman - Dwayne Wade (1-20, 20), Tyson Chandler (1-41, 41),
21. Golden State Warriors (JREED) - Rick Carlisle - Paul George (1-21, 21), Mike Conley (1-40, 40),
22. Brooklyn Nets (PAWNO) - Mark Jackson - Dirk Nowitski (1-22, 22), Kevin Garnett (1-39, 39),
23. Indiana Pacers (Mr. Crackerz) - Frank Vogel - Al Horford (1-23, 23), Chris Bosh (1-38, 38),
24. New York Knicks (8th Ave) - Mike Krzyzewski - Joakim Noah (1-24, 24), Ty Lawson (1-37, 37),
25. Los Angeles Clippers (32) - Doc Rivers - Andrew Bogut (1-25, 25), David Lee (1-36, 36),
26. Memphis Grizzlies (Guybrush) - Jerry Sloan - LaMarcus Alderige (1-26, 26), J.R. Smith (1-35, 35),
27. Denver Nuggets (Blackfoot) - Thom Thibodeau - Roy Hibbert (1-27, 27), Serge Ibaka (via Denver Nuggets T1)(1-34, 34),
28. San Antonio Spurs (JREED) - Phil Jackson - Al Harrington (1-28, 28), Monta Ellis (1-33, 33),
29. Oklahoma City Thunder (32) - Pat Riley - John Wall (1-29, 29), Andre Iguodala (1-32, 32),
30. Miami Heat (8th Ave) - Gregg Poppovich - Rajon Rondo (1-30, 30), DeMarcus Cousins (1-31, 31),

----------------------------------------------------------

This would be only one list to maintain and all of our info in one spot. We could do away with the round and pick numbers (they do look a little messy) and also have a players taken list IE:

Code: Select all
Rd 1 Pk 1  Ovr 1  - LeBron James
Rd 1 Pk 2  Ovr 2  - Kevin Durant
Rd 1 Pk 3  Ovr 3  - Derek Rose
Rd 1 Pk 4  Ovr 4  - Chris Paul
Rd 1 Pk 5  Ovr 5  - Kobe Bryant
Rd 1 Pk 6  Ovr 6  - James Harden
Rd 1 Pk 7  Ovr 7  - Kevin Love
Rd 1 Pk 8  Ovr 8  - Dwight Howard
Rd 1 Pk 9  Ovr 9  - Russell Westbrook
Rd 1 Pk 10 Ovr 10 - Tony Parker
Rd 1 Pk 11 Ovr 11 - Carmelo Anthony
Rd 1 Pk 12 Ovr 12 - Stephen Curry
Rd 1 Pk 13 Ovr 13 - Marc Gasol
Rd 1 Pk 14 Ovr 14 - Mike Dunleavy Jr
Rd 1 Pk 15 Ovr 15 - Tim Duncan
Rd 1 Pk 16 Ovr 16 - Brook Lopez
Rd 1 Pk 17 Ovr 17 - Kyrie Irving
Rd 1 Pk 18 Ovr 18 - Blake Griffin
Rd 1 Pk 19 Ovr 19 - Deron Williams
Rd 1 Pk 20 Ovr 20 - Dwayne Wade
Rd 1 Pk 21 Ovr 21 - Paul George
Rd 1 Pk 22 Ovr 22 - Dirk Nowitski
Rd 1 Pk 23 Ovr 23 - Al Horford
Rd 1 Pk 24 Ovr 24 - Joakim Noah
Rd 1 Pk 25 Ovr 25 - Andrew Bogut
Rd 1 Pk 26 Ovr 26 - LaMarcus Alderige
Rd 1 Pk 27 Ovr 27 - Roy Hibbert
Rd 1 Pk 28 Ovr 28 - Al Harrington
Rd 1 Pk 29 Ovr 29 - John Wall
Rd 1 Pk 30 Ovr 30 - Rajon Rondo
Rd 2 Pk 1  Ovr 31 - DeMarcus Cousins
Rd 2 Pk 2  Ovr 32 - Andre Iguodala
Rd 2 Pk 3  Ovr 33 - Monta Ellis
Rd 2 Pk 4  Ovr 34 - Serge Ibaka (via Denver Nuggets T1)
Rd 2 Pk 5  Ovr 35 - J.R. Smith
Rd 2 Pk 6  Ovr 36 - David Lee
Rd 2 Pk 7  Ovr 37 - Ty Lawson
Rd 2 Pk 8  Ovr 38 - Chris Bosh
Rd 2 Pk 9  Ovr 39 - Kevin Garnett
Rd 2 Pk 10 Ovr 40 - Mike Conley
Rd 2 Pk 11 Ovr 41 - Tyson Chandler
Rd 2 Pk 12 Ovr 42 - Zach Randolph
Rd 2 Pk 13 Ovr 43 - Ricky Rubio
Rd 2 Pk 14 Ovr 44 - Josh Smith
Rd 2 Pk 15 Ovr 45 - Damian Lillard
Rd 2 Pk 16 Ovr 46 - Pau Gasol
Rd 2 Pk 17 Ovr 47 - Troy Murphy
Rd 2 Pk 18 Ovr 48 - Kenneth Faried
Rd 2 Pk 19 Ovr 49 - Joe Johnson
Rd 2 Pk 20 Ovr 50 - Jrue Holiday
Rd 2 Pk 21 Ovr 51 - Al Jefferson
Rd 2 Pk 22 Ovr 52 - Nikola Vucevic
Rd 2 Pk 23 Ovr 53 - Brandon Jennings
Rd 2 Pk 24 Ovr 54 - Nikola Pekovic

------------------------------------------------

What we could do to really streamline this process, is I could make a "smart" spreadsheet on google docs. I could make it so basically you'd only have to add the player once to the appropriate spot and the rest of the sheets would be updated. Plus the data would more readable if presented in a clean table. I could even make that spreadsheet write all the BBCode for the first post for people that are too lazy to check the spreadsheet (even though it would be just as easy as referring to the first page of this thread). Normally I wouldn't consider doing any of this since we've already started, but since it's a pain in the ass, and we aren't going anywhere anytime soon (still a lot of picks left), I'd put in a little work to make it easier for all of us and more enjoyable for you 32.

Let me know what you want to do, it's not a big deal either way. I actually have all the data in a spreadsheet now after using a few excel shortcuts to reformat those lists.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball