Dwight Howard Considering the Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm
Guybrush wrote:I'm just worried now how are we gonna split the minutes among Iggy, Klay and Harrison.

I expect Barnes to still average >30mpg. He'll be a super sub.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:23 pm
JREED wrote:
Guybrush wrote:I'm just worried now how are we gonna split the minutes among Iggy, Klay and Harrison.

Also wondering this myself, but not so much with Klay, Iggy is going to start at SF. I think Barnes might be getting shopped around.

I don't know, I always liked Iggy more as a SG...but that's just me.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 pm
8th ave wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Do Lakers now have cap space to sign Bynum, for example?

no

Just checked it myself. They are really clogged...and one would think that by letting one big payment dude walk, they'd at least get some room.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:30 pm
I would rather have the problem of too many players instead of not having enough.

Jackson will get a nice rotation down and Barnes will still get good minutes.

I don't think it matters what position Klay and Iggy technically play. They are both solid defenders and it will become a matter of who gaurds who defensively. The fact that one gets labeled "SG" is irrelevent in my opinion.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 pm
Barnes proved in the NBA Playoffs that he is by far the better option at Power Forward for this team to David Lee.

Personally we should bring that Wonderwhite Crackerjack David Lee off the bench!!! He is the 6th man Super Sub in my eyes!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Howard chose Houston.

He was heading there the entire time, makes sense for both teams

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:34 pm
From yahoo. $30 mill is alot to leave on the table

Howard is eligible for a four-year, $88 million maximum deal from the Rockets unless they negotiate a sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers. His final hesitancy centered on leaving a fifth guaranteed year and $30 million – which the Lakers can give him – on the negotiating table, sources told Y! Sports.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:48 pm
Kobe de-friends D-Howard on Twitter. Makes it official.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:From yahoo. $30 mill is alot to leave on the table

Howard is eligible for a four-year, $88 million maximum deal from the Rockets unless they negotiate a sign-and-trade deal with the Lakers. His final hesitancy centered on leaving a fifth guaranteed year and $30 million – which the Lakers can give him – on the negotiating table, sources told Y! Sports.

With not having income tax in Texas he actually gains. The final year would have amounted to likely some ten million in the hand. He must have considered that.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:29 pm
With Rush and maybe Jack gone, that plenty of minutes for Iguodala and the other wings. Fits well. Great that Dwight isn't coming here as well. Only the health of Bogut can determine how huge the team can be next season.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 am
migya wrote:With Rush and maybe Jack gone, that plenty of minutes for Iguodala and the other wings. Fits well. Great that Dwight isn't coming here as well. Only the health of Bogut can determine how huge the team can be next season.

Counting on Bogut to be healthy is akin to counting on Lindsay Lohan to be sober.
This season is not a flop.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:44 am
I'm thrilled with most of the details of this move, the dumping of Biedrins and rj and their bloated salaries and picking up an Allstar in Iggy.

But the worst part of the deal is renouncing the rights to jarret jack and Landry. That really really hurts. I mean I actually think jack was a crucial integral part of this past years run. And I'm a little bit worries about not having a back up stud pg like jack who can play starter minutes if need be because steph needs to b well rested thought the regular season. We can't afford to have steph playing more than 38 minutes a night.

This makes picking up a backup pg so crucial to next years success.
Maybe Myers and lacob will b able to trade for a stud pg. we still have pieces to shop around ...

Or maybe we pick up Nate Robinson or Jeff Teague on the cheap...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm
Iguodala can play PG a fair bit. Though I think a PG for the bench is needed, that can be a third string type, as Iggy can be like the primary backup as such. I can see 35mins a game at least for Curry, Klay, Iggy and Barnes, as it looks like there is no backup PG or SG right now. Green can be backup SF, so the team needs a backup PF, with Landry gone and a backup Center, with AB gone and Ezeli out for a while.

Urgently need two backup bigs and the TE is so valuable right now to get those.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm
The Backup PG is easily fixed.

That European kid we drafted has been playing in the 2nd best basketball league on the planet. Was a intregrital part of a prett good team.

& like Migya mentioned, Iguadala can give you spot points at PG! He averages 5 assists a game & most of all will offer a lot of good options defensively wise locking down the backup PG of our opponent or defending someone with a bit more length at the opponents 2 or 3 spot and rotating our backup SG or SF onto the backup PG in those specific rotation scenarios.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 pm
Iggy's handles are very overrated. We are in trouble if he has a lot of ball handling duties.

With P&R ball handling he was in the 24th percentile.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball