Dwight Howard Considering the Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:34 pm
I think you trade Barnes instead of Klay. Not because I'd want to, but because the shooting of Curry and Klay alongside Lee and Howard would be amazing for spacing.

I just don't think it's a given that Dwight Howard turns your team into a contender. It can't be glossed over that Kobe Gasol and DWIGHT HOWARD bareeeeellly squeaked into the playoffs and were then swept by the Spurs. How does that happen with the best center in the game, with a team he wanted to play for. But yeah, this would be tough to pass up...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm
Still think he ends up in Houston, but we would offer the best package for Dwight, Bogut/Klay. I would give them Klay, just think Barnes has a better all around game.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm
http://deadspin.com/slim-thug-is-doing- ... -638076959

I would go to Houston too. Sounds pretty awesome.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 pm
Blackfoot wrote:http://deadspin.com/slim-thug-is-doing-his-part-to-get-dwight-howard-to-sig-638076959

I would go to Houston too. Sounds pretty awesome.

Had me rolling, he does make some nice points, mixed in with hooking Dwight with some hoes.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:43 am
https://twitter.com/espnsteinline/status/352496774142902273

Dwights people floated this nugget that he was impressed with the Warriors bid!?!?

WTF does this mean in the scheme of things (for someone scheming & spin doctoring)

He is suppose to announce on Friday, I reckon this little twitter GEM is about getting the Lakers to start working out the deals for a Warriors S&T

Lets face it L.A can pay him the most, Houston has no leverage in terms of Sign & Trade ability to pair him with Harden.

If Dwight is hellbent on leaving, neutral to his final destination of (DUBS, MAVS, ROCKETS & HAWKS) he may still feel like doing the BUSS family a solid and take the Warriors offer over the Rockets, Mavs, Hawks option. (Cause whatelse could the Hawks, Mavs offer in terms of a sign & trade???)

PS: only downside of this trade going down is Andrew Bogut (& Barnes or Thompson) might take it personal and that Lakers team could be gutsy with Bogut & Gasol manning the middle. We'd be no certainty for a Western Conference Finals with the Lakeshow still competing.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:16 am
I would rather see the Warriors trade the oft-injured Curry and the equally oft-injured Bogut for Howard in a proposed sign and trade deal.

If this were to happen, Golden State could have truly balanced back-court; re-sign Jack and make him the starting point guard (which is his natural position) and pair Jack with Klay (a natural shooting guard and perfect for an offensive scheme which would utilize and inside-outside game with Howard). And, I would especially like a front-court of David Lee, Harrison Barnes and Howard.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:49 am
Yeah that's not happening.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 pm
Stephen Curry literally said hey guys jump on and carried the team at times in the post season. Had some of the nicest 3rd quarter performance I've seen.

I would much rather keep Curry then a guy like Barnes. No question

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 pm
Curry is the only untouchable player on our team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:22 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Curry is the only untouchable player on our team.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

Curry is the best player on this Warrior team; however, he is also a physically-fragile player who has yet to demonstrate that he can play a full season without missing a bunch of games.

Yes, he is a lights out shooter and yes, he has a high on-the-court IQ; however, if this team can get Howard, then the front office has to do whatever it takes to get him.

Shooting guards, and Stephen Curry is really a shooting guard (read: not a pure point guard), are much easier to find than elite centers.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:26 pm
Curry is untouchable. He's the only player not involved in any trade rumors at any single point. Regardless of how you feel about his health. Which is overstated. He's not going to end up like Grant Hill.

And no. You will never find a player like Curry for a while. He's the only one of his kind. 40 percent on threes off the dribble, 50 percent on spot up threes, 56 percent on corner threes.

You will never find a player that takes threes in the volume he takes them and makes them at the rate he does.

He's not someone you will find again for another decade. He's a rare breed.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:09 pm
Warriors are trying to find a way to avoid a sign and trade with the Lakers.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?stor ... rc=desktop

The only thing I have to say is they better be sure he will sign with them before parting ways with anyone. Especially Bogut.
Last edited by Jay 20 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:48 pm
This front office is the ****
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:03 pm
Obviously, if you can get Howard in a trade(whether it be Bogut and Thomson or Bogut and Barnes), you'd do it. But I worry about the Warriors going down the path of the Houston Rockets last season in selling off the whole team for cap space when there is no guarantee that Howard will even come here. The Warriors finally got a centre and got to the playoffs so it would be a massive gamble to give all that up for a spin on the Dwight Howard roulette wheel of fortune.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:24 pm
8th ave wrote:This front office is the ****

I love how hard they are trying. If they could pull this off we could be the best team in the West.

Also we all saw how Miami handled big guys this post season.

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here but I don't see how this isn't somewhat exciting just to think about the possibilities.

Of course it could also blow up in our face but that's the risk you take. High risk high reward type of thing.

I say take it and see what happens.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball