Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:26 pm
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/05/0 ... f:nbahpt6f

:D He's super human!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:44 am
Wonder whether that's the right thing to do. It was said he required surgery and would need at least three months to heal.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:43 am
Doctors say he's recovering in record time!!! :D :D
And they said that his injury couldn't get worse, so as long as he's comfortable, he can give it a shot!!!

For Lee, he is more pain being suited up on the bench, then being out there on the floor with a torn hip flexor!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 am
Man, this is great news. I was so skeptical of him playing game 6 because we were already on a roll without him, but in this series we're going to need him. I'm not sure how much we drop off defensively when he's on the floor (queue Blackfoot?), but we're going to need his size because San Antonio runs a front court of Splitter and Duncan.

It's also worth mentioning that this is David Lee's first playoffs of his career, and it would've been a little tragic if he didn't play extensively since he was a big part in us getting this far. Good for him.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:57 am
8th ave wrote:Man, this is great news. I was so skeptical of him playing game 6 because we were already on a roll without him, but in this series we're going to need him. I'm not sure how much we drop off defensively when he's on the floor (queue Blackfoot?), but we're going to need his size because San Antonio runs a front court of Splitter and Duncan.

It's also worth mentioning that this is David Lee's first playoffs of his career, and it would've been a little tragic if he didn't play extensively since he was a big part in us getting this far. Good for him.

David Lee's defensive rating is 107. When he is off the floor our defensive rating 105.7. So no doubt, the defense will be worse. But we are going to need his offense.

I thought we had to live on the perimeter to beat the Nuggets, this series, we need all the dimensions of scoring.

Our offensive rating with him on the floor, 109. When he is off the floor our offensive rating is an average 102.00.

We also rebound better when he is off the floor (Marginally,) which is not a knock on lee, we are the best defensive rebounding team in the league this year so everyone is a good rebounder on our team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:09 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
8th ave wrote:Man, this is great news. I was so skeptical of him playing game 6 because we were already on a roll without him, but in this series we're going to need him. I'm not sure how much we drop off defensively when he's on the floor (queue Blackfoot?), but we're going to need his size because San Antonio runs a front court of Splitter and Duncan.

David Lee's defensive rating is 107. When he is off the floor our defensive rating 105.7. So no doubt, the defense will be worse. But we are going to need his offense.

I thought we had to live on the perimeter to beat the Nuggets, this series, we need all the dimensions of scoring.

Our offensive rating with him on the floor, 109. When he is off the floor our offensive rating is an average 102.00.

We also rebound better when he is off the floor (Marginally,) which is not a knock on lee, we are the best defensive rebounding team in the league this year so everyone is a good rebounder on our team.

Likely a case of starters vs bench players, no?

Lee matches up more often with the other team's starting 4. Those are traditionally the best rebounders on any given team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm
Don't know if you've already mentioned it Blackfoot, but where do you get these advanced stats from? Is there a website?

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 pm
migya wrote:Don't know if you've already mentioned it Blackfoot, but where do you get these advanced stats from? Is there a website?

I'd be interested as well. It's hard to put up an arguement with you when you pull out all these stats.

I got to basketball reference for advanced stats on individual players, but where do I get stats like net rating for lineups? How about stats about how effective players are at handling in pick and roles? I want to see a stat that tells me how effective Thompson is on defense. **** like that. Nah mean?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 pm
32 wrote:
Blackfoot wrote:

Likely a case of starters vs bench players, no?

Lee matches up more often with the other team's starting 4. Those are traditionally the best rebounders on any given team.

No, because we still rebounded better with Lee off the floor in game one and than went on to win every single rebounding battle.

However, I am not sure how Bogut affected that in the playoffs.

This is not the first time a team has been better at rebounding with Lee off the floor. Some of Knicks teams had that.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:39 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:Don't know if you've already mentioned it Blackfoot, but where do you get these advanced stats from? Is there a website?

I'd be interested as well. It's hard to put up an arguement with you when you pull out all these stats.

I got to basketball reference for advanced stats on individual players, but where do I get stats like net rating for lineups? How about stats about how effective players are at handling in pick and roles? I want to see a stat that tells me how effective Thompson is on defense. **** like that. Nah mean?

http://www.mysynergysports.com/

Has specific stats for specific plays.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm
Here's my stat :mrgreen: Remember watching one game (game 5?) we gave up like FIVE offensive rebs in ONE possession to the Nuggets. With D Lee on the court, that would've never happened. I think Lee's career speaks for itself in proving he is a very good defensive rebounder. I'm not expecting him to play this series anything more than a cameo. If he does, gravy. Medical miracle.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:39 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Here's my stat :mrgreen: Remember watching one game (game 5?) we gave up like FIVE offensive rebs in ONE possession to the Nuggets. With D Lee on the court, that would've never happened. I think Lee's career speaks for itself in proving he is a very good defensive rebounder. I'm not expecting him to play this series anything more than a cameo. If he does, gravy. Medical miracle.

He is a good defensive rebounder, but we are better at rebounding when he is off the floor. Too big of a sample size to say other wise. It's very marginal with defensive rebounding, almost to the point of negligibility. But we are a full percentage point better at offensive rebounding when he is off the floor.

Like I said, Lee is a good rebounder, but the team rebounds better when he is off the floor. It's not an accident we won the rebounding battle this series despite Lee being out. Although, I guess it's fair to say Bogut played his part in that.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:36 am
I'm thinking that we are better at offensive rebounds when Lee is out because Lee takes a lot of shots. I mean, he is taking a number of shots outside of the box, and he is a PF, so basically, that takes him out of a position to grab an offensive rebound, cause only our center is close to the basket. When Lee is out, Steph, Klay, and even Barnes take more shots, so our PF and C have more chances to grab a rebound after the miss.

At least that's a logic behind my thoughts.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:04 am
I hope Lee does play a ton of minutes this series. We are going to need his offense this series. Last series, nah, not really. This is the one where we need him.

Return to Warriors Basketball