Do you get an ominous feeling about this series?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 am
We have to close on Thursday. If not, the series is over imo. I don't think the Warriors can win again in Denver.
But I sense that Denver now has confidence. They have won 2 games and only need to win one more to force a game 7. Iggy is guarding Curry well. Denver is going big now. What kind of adjustments can the Warriors make? Will this be an upset against US?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 am
Yeah, its pretty simple. Whoever wins game 6 wins the series.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 am
I don't think that, it is first to four games.

I think that playing with the small lineup is a disadvantage to them. Faried can't guard Barnes. He is not used to going out and guarding the outside shot, as well as speed taking it to the basket. Barnes got nine rebounds, one less then Faried, so he can hold his own with that. Same as has been all series, shoot well from outside and make them shoot from the outside, which they are not good at, though notably they shot well from the outside last game, making just one less three than us, which won't happen again. Stop them from driving and box them out. Denver doesn't have much game. No inside scorers and no good outside game means they are limited. They aren't a good defensive team either so how they won so much in the regular season beats me, they are not that hard to figure out.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 am
This is why Mark Jackson made those "hit men" comments after the game. Denver was physical, Curry couldn't get going, and the Nuggets went back to their big smash mouth lineup. Think about it, going into Game 6:

1, the home crowd shapes whistles.
2, the Warriors are banged up.
3, Jackson just effectively put a microscope on Denver's screens, traps, and blitzes versus Curry.

In essence, Jackson has ensured that any physical contact early in the game against Curry gets a hard look from an official. Remember: Jackson didn't condemn the refs, he cited Denver as the culprit for the physical play. It's high school psychology; this makes the refs feel like your ally. "Of course it's not YOUR fault; you called a good game and you can't catch everything! It was DENVER playing dirty!"

MJax is shaping Game 6 so that the Warriors can knock one of Denver's bigs out early. And the way they've been pushing Faried, expect the Manimal to push back. I see a couple early sucker plays in Denver's future. Like a heavy show from Faried on a pick and roll where Bogut knocks Faried into Curry and they call a foul on Faried. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing it happens since the refs will be trying to keep the punishment on Curry (the series' most marketable star) to a minimum.

Jackson found a way to get his guy going again. Now it's up to Steph to make some shots. MJax just put the microscope on Denver, whose physicality took Curry off his game last night.

I'm interested to see how this goes. More whistles obviously favors us, since Denver parades to the foul line anyway.

My early guess? Golden State by 12.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am
I look at this from this point of view...

There was no way that the Warriors were going to win last night's game. I kept telling my friends that the refs will make sure the Warriors will lose and in part, they did. After a great comeback from a large deficit, the refs made a few questionable foul calls on the Dubs for moving screens. That took a lot of the momentum away from the Warriors. Denver was also favored by 7.5 points to win.

Proof that the Stern mafia has their claw hold on the game. A playoff game averages $4.25M of revenue for the league, so the Warriors winning would of cost Stern around $8.5M.

Its clear that the the Warriors are the better team and they could win this tomorrow night in Denver.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am
I look at this from this point of view...

There was no way that the Warriors were going to win last night's game. I kept telling my friends that the refs will make sure the Warriors will lose and in part, they did. After a great comeback from a large deficit, the refs made a few questionable foul calls on the Dubs for moving screens. That took a lot of the momentum away from the Warriors. Denver was also favored by 7.5 points to win.

Proof that the Stern mafia has their claw hold on the game. A playoff game averages $4.25M of revenue for the league, so the Warriors winning would of cost Stern around $8.5M.

Its clear that the the Warriors are the better team and they could win this tomorrow night in Denver.

Return to Warriors Basketball