Playoff thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 am
So proud of this team for making the playoffs. Make no mistake though, we still have a lot to improve on, but for this team to make the playoffs with everyone doubting us gives me a little sense of pride. Even our local beat writers doubted us. They didn't think we would have a winning season let alone make the playoffs. Anyway, kudos to the Warriors' owner first and foremost. Without him manning the ship, A LOT of this probably wouldn't have happened. Also, big ups to the front office. Mostly Myers, West, and Riley for making all the right draft choices, signing Landry, and trading for Jack. Can't forget the players too. Jack mentioned in the post-game interview that everyone showed up even before preseason started (he forgot that Beans didn't make it). The way he and Landry was talking about it, all the players put forth the effort it was going to take to turn this ship around. So, even though they're not gonna read this ****, I still want to thank all of them.

So, after saying all that, it pains me a little to say that we're probably going to have a 1st round exit. This isn't like 07 when we had a favorable matchup against Dallas who we owned during that regular season. We were a nightmare for that Dallas team and that allowed us the make one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. This time around it's going to be 10x tougher. I don't know about you guys, but I'm already assuming we're either going to play either Denver, San Antonio, or OKC, and if we do we're going to get smashed. I know Denver has some injury problems, but as the last couple of games has shown, they are not slowing down. They've only lost 3 games at home the entire season and in order for us to win a series, we have to steal a game on the road which I don't see happening if we're matched up with the Nuggets. I'm not even going to talk about OKC, cuz let's just face it, they're going to bitch slap whoever they see in the 1st round. San Antonio has injury problems as well and they have an element of "oldness" to them, but we haven't beaten them in their house for YEARS.

I sound pessimistic as fuk, but I'm hoping we can push a series to 7 games. It would be very entertaining and give us Dub fans something to cheer for. Another thing I'm hoping for is that we don't make a fool out of ourselves on the big stage. With that said, there's 3 things that we need to do in order to be competitive, and that's taking care of the ball, making sure we handle the glass, and guard the 3 point line. If we do those things, we're a tough team to beat.

Damn, man. My 2nd playoff series since I was 5 years old. Cheers, fellas. Let's hope we make some noise in the playoffs!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Warriors Basketball