Why We Want the Clippers in the First Round

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... QrsdaBl-Y#!

They can't defend the three and coincidentally, we are pretty good at shooting threes.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 pm
Blackfoot wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=40QrsdaBl-Y#!

They can't defend the three and coincidentally, we are pretty good at shooting threes.

I'm certainly not gonna complain if we get the Clippers. :dontknow: We took the season series, we seem to have a budding rivalry between Griffin and Lee, they have no advantage on us besides Paul in isolation, and - according to the experts - we're supposed to lose anyway so it's win-win. I believe the Grizzlies without Marc Gasol are the more vulnerable team, but the season series suggests that we have a serious chance at upsetting the Clippers.

Anybody see the Clippers-Mavericks game last night? Does anyone think the Clipps are trying to minorly tank to avoid us in the first round??? ::lol:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm
Yeah, dude, I watched that game. It was ****ing awesome. Can't believe Blake Griffin's shot didn't count.

I also felt like very time Dirk touched the ball the ball was going in.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Yeah, dude, I watched that game. It was ****ing awesome. Can't believe Blake Griffin's shot didn't count.

I also felt like very time Dirk touched the ball the ball was going in.

But he looked too damn passive, to me. Dirk has such a physical advantage as a 7-foot jump shooter. Imagine how many extra looks Bird would have iced with Dirk's height. Yet, every time they threw him the ball in the 3rd/4th (when i started watching), he deferred (except on the block, where he owned).

Vince Carter gets no love from the refs anymore. And I remember that fools' rookie year when he was the best thing since sliced bread. That's gotta feel like the supermodel who doesn't get let off for tickets now that she's 40. Imagine the culture shock a guy like Carter gets without his whistles; RJ's going through a similar transition, Maggette, too.

I simply can't picture guys like Wade, Ginobli, or Durant losing their star whistles, the way Carter has.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball