This is David Lee's team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:43 am
uptempo wrote:
Rocky, DLee has a horrible offensive post game. DLee is devastating when he can face up his man and drive to the hoop. DLee can finish the fast break better than any other big man in the game. DLee moves incredibly well without the ball.

On defense, DLee is MIA. I blame him more than anyone for the series loss to the Clippers. How many times did we see DLee's man, whether it be Griffin or Jordan, have easy and not-contested dunks and layups with DLee just watching from behind? To play good defense requires desire and heart, two qualities that Lee is lacking. Green and O'Neal have it. DLee does not.

If the Warriors can package DLee and Bogut to bring in Kevin Love and if the team can sign Greg Monroe, we would see big improvement in the front court. Too often, we love to point out DLee's offensive capabilities; however, nobody seems to want to address what wins championships: defense. DLee is a horrible defender and it was obvious to all of us Warrior fans that he will never improve on the defensive end of the floor.

Horrible? This guy scored 20 ppg and was all-nba last season with that horrible post game. He shoots 50%+ and gets high percentage shots in the paint. But he is a rhythm player, you can't just dump it to him in the post a couple times and expect him to dominate. At the very least it gives the opponent another look, puts pressure on them to defend the post, and provides some inside-out ball movement.

Yeah I'm not even gonna try to 'defend' Lee about his defense, although he did improve this season according to stats. Defense wasn't exactly the problem though this season, the W's were a top defensive team with Bogut.

I'm all for upgrading the team. Kevin Love would be that and seems attainable. What bothers me is seeing these Warrior fans from other forums talk about trade for Epke Udoh (smh) because they're stressing a need for a defensive PF.

The team needs a post presence, a la Lamarcus Aldridge, especially for the playoffs. The Warriors DO have one in David Lee, they just chose to under-utilize him. He became a post passer to set up the shooters instead of looking for his own shot.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 am
rockyBeli wrote:
uptempo wrote:
Rocky, DLee has a horrible offensive post game. DLee is devastating when he can face up his man and drive to the hoop. DLee can finish the fast break better than any other big man in the game. DLee moves incredibly well without the ball.

On defense, DLee is MIA. I blame him more than anyone for the series loss to the Clippers. How many times did we see DLee's man, whether it be Griffin or Jordan, have easy and not-contested dunks and layups with DLee just watching from behind? To play good defense requires desire and heart, two qualities that Lee is lacking. Green and O'Neal have it. DLee does not.

If the Warriors can package DLee and Bogut to bring in Kevin Love and if the team can sign Greg Monroe, we would see big improvement in the front court. Too often, we love to point out DLee's offensive capabilities; however, nobody seems to want to address what wins championships: defense. DLee is a horrible defender and it was obvious to all of us Warrior fans that he will never improve on the defensive end of the floor.

Horrible? This guy scored 20 ppg and was all-nba last season with that horrible post game. He shoots 50%+ and gets high percentage shots in the paint. But he is a rhythm player, you can't just dump it to him in the post a couple times and expect him to dominate. At the very least it gives the opponent another look, puts pressure on them to defend the post, and provides some inside-out ball movement.

Yeah I'm not even gonna try to 'defend' Lee about his defense, although he did improve this season according to stats. Defense wasn't exactly the problem though this season, the W's were a top defensive team with Bogut.

I'm all for upgrading the team. Kevin Love would be that and seems attainable. What bothers me is seeing these Warrior fans from other forums talk about trade for Epke Udoh (smh) because they're stressing a need for a defensive PF.

The team needs a post presence, a la Lamarcus Aldridge, especially for the playoffs. The Warriors DO have one in David Lee, they just chose to under-utilize him. He became a post passer to set up the shooters instead of looking for his own shot.

Rocky, great insights on DLee and Warriors!

It is ironic how you brought up Epke Udoh, a "nice" player whom the Warriors should have never drafted. Instead, the Warriors should have drafted Greg Monroe, a real double-double guy who can play both center and power forward.

I agree, 100%, with you on getting an Aldridge-type-of-player.

Playing defense is what wins in the playoffs. DLee is great on a Don Nelson type of club: lots of fun moments in the regular season but never gets beyond the second round of the playoffs. We fans deserve a chance to see a team that is made up to compete for a championship and DLee is not that kind of player. DLee is a guy that can be the best player on a bad team but can never be a great player on a good or great team. The guy plays no defense.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 pm
yeah lol I was all about the Monroe over U( doh!) pick . Lee's the best we got right now, I'm all about an upgrade if it's possible. But to trade him without a backup plan or a deal that makes the team worse, I don't see what good that'd do for a win-now team. Bogut's presence is huge for Lee on defense, without a rim protector beside him, Blake Griffin and D Jordan had a field day. what sucks is both playoffs, we haven't seen the Lee Bogut tandem. last year Lee hurt this year Bogut.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:41 pm
rockyBeli wrote:yeah lol I was all about the Monroe over U( doh!) pick . Lee's the best we got right now, I'm all about an upgrade if it's possible. But to trade him without a backup plan or a deal that makes the team worse, I don't see what good that'd do for a win-now team. Bogut's presence is huge for Lee on defense, without a rim protector beside him, Blake Griffin and D Jordan had a field day. what sucks is both playoffs, we haven't seen the Lee Bogut tandem. last year Lee hurt this year Bogut.

Again, I agree with you, 100%!
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball