Andrew Bogut's affect on the team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm
Could this be a situation where both is right?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm
+1

Holy sh*t dude, where do you find these hos??
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm
I don't think there should be any hard rule as to what kind of d you play when Bogut's on the floor. It all depends on who you have out there. And who the offense has out there, and what those players are doing, and what is working for them. Every player has different skills and abilities. If the offense has something they like to do, that works for them, you try to find a way to take it away. Sometimes that means man, sometimes it means zone. In general, a team that scores a lot on the inside might be defended more effectively with a zone, and a team that scores a lot from the outside might be better defended with man. But that's no hard rule either....every situation is different as far as match-ups and abilities, and should be assessed individually.

Bogut can certainly play well in both. Either way, he's not going far from the basket. I've noticed him laying back on some of those switches. Of course they are going to be trying that on him all day. From what I've seen he's been letting those guards shoot rather than running out at them. Maybe he was tired, maybe he wants to get back to his man. Regardless, you don't want to make a habit of letting these quick shooting guards get off, those points pile up quick.

By the way it's "Bogut's effect". If you're thinking in terms of "having an effect" (as in cause and effect) it's "e". "Affect" is usually used as a verb. It can be used as a noun, but has a different meaning than "effect" when used as a noun. I was not aware that "effect" could be used as a verb. Apparently it is, but I've rarely seen it used that way.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 am
God dammit, Pawno, I was right the first time.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:26 am
Bogut really allows a more freer style for everyone else out there with him. He seems to be able to defend in most situations. Really hope he starts playing every game and normal minutes soon so the team can make a move on a top 4 spot. The way the Clips are playing, third is possible.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball