How's Andrew Bogut's Rehab going?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 am
But what kind of injury is that then? I mean, you see all the time all kind of players, in all kind of sports, getting injured, and those injuries, the worst ones, are usually the season ending injuries. But, Bogut here, he's out for almost two years, whole last season almost, all summer, training camp, then plays a few games barely, and is out again for the half of the season...and it might end with him being out all season. So, what kind of injury is that?

What he will look like after all that break, or will he even be able to play at some good level? That's what bothers me. It's quite disturbing when someone is taking so long to recover with top doctors.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 am
He was out with his ankle injury WHICH required surgery. He has been out so long SINCE surgery because it was the microfracture surgery, which takes quite a while to recover from.

Still a concern though because it has in fact been over a year since he played any significant nba ball.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 am
Guybrush wrote:But what kind of injury is that then? I mean, you see all the time all kind of players, in all kind of sports, getting injured, and those injuries, the worst ones, are usually the season ending injuries. But, Bogut here, he's out for almost two years, whole last season almost, all summer, training camp, then plays a few games barely, and is out again for the half of the season...and it might end with him being out all season. So, what kind of injury is that?

What he will look like after all that break, or will he even be able to play at some good level? That's what bothers me. It's quite disturbing when someone is taking so long to recover with top doctors.

I understand your concern, but however bad the injury is, you've got to believe that he'll be an upgrade over Ezeli. Both defensively and offensively. Don't get me wrong either, I love what Ezeli has done for us, but if Bogut is 60% of what he used to be it'll still help us a great deal.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 am
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page ... daily-dime

Stein talks about if we're contenders with Bogut.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 am
Ric Bucher sulia string

Warriors aren't giving a timeline for Andrew Bogut's return but they're making a concerted effort to showcase his
improvement. The Warriors could have him work out before games at just about any time, and it would make sense to have him work out early when the bench unit gets in their work, but Bogut is going through his shooting routine after 6 pm, when the building opens to fans. For what it's worth, he shot running jumpers before Wednesday's game, far more activity than the stand-still jumpers he had been taking, and looked comfortable doing it. The lift on his jump also would suggest reports that he has been dunking in practice are legitimate. Based on how he looks and his desire to at least get in a couple of weeks of scrimmaging in practice before he plays a game, an appearance right before or after the All-Star break seems the likeliest scenario as of right now.

I'm on a roll this morning. Just on a OKC win high.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:09 am
But, see, Bucher is at least giving us a prediction, a timeline, something we can go off of.

For all this team PR propaganda about "not putting any pressure on Bogut to make absolutely certain he's ready before he plays"... Isn't that just a fancy way of saying they're not gonna make him accountable? Cause, see, he was supposed to be ready by the start of the season. THAT went downhill. Then, the whispers were January 1st and THAT, too, was false. Now, Bucher, Steinmetz, all the people giving us any droplets of solid information as far as when he'll be back, they're all saying all-star break... Ish. No one's staking their careers on it. But if Bogut doesn't make it make it back by then, that's 3 let-downs in one year and the team is so confident in his ankle that they won't even put their stamp on the all-star break prediction this time. It just seems like the team - and, to an extent, the player - are ducking responsibility by keeping things vague.

Not to reincarnate a dead horse, but we're the fans dammit. We fund this whole money operation and the reason we gotta pay $190 for low center court tickets, with $10 beers, $6 sodas, and a $9 plate of nachos where the orders should be taken at gunpoint, is because guys like Andrew Bogut are being paid over $13 million to celebrate on the bench, rock ridiculously expensive watches on camera, and pacify a few people with pre-game shooting drills? Andrew Bogut is the most expensive friggin date we are currently paying for. He's the priciest thing on our roster. And I don't mind paying for him, I don't mind him getting hurt, and hell I don't even mind his rehab being over 1 year long. But if I'm paying the bills, I sure as sh*t think I deserve a straight answer about when he'll be back, don't you?

Look, this goes beyond the Bogut issue for me. He'll, in all likelihood, be recovered by the all-star break and this whole episode will be left behind us... Until another guy sustains a major injury. At which point, I fully expect this front office to stall, question-dodge, and, when all else fails, lie to me about the injury because that's exactly what happened throughout the Bogut debacle. I'm not doubting that some day the player will be back or that the front office believes they're doing this in a parentally-similar, "for your own good" type of way, all I'm saying is... I find it annoying.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm
Whoa. I dunno. I think you're looking way too much into it.

I don't think they're doing what they're doing to spite the fans.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:26 pm
I'm totally reading into it. This is potentially our best player and the way they've handled it, from a PR standpoint, by absolutely withdrawing and refusing to give the fans any news, is disgraceful to me.

"Spite" isn't the right word... it's more like disrespect. They don't think you can handle the honest truth about Bogut's injury. "If we told the fans that he had microfracture surgery, or that his rehab will take X amount of time, or that he may never be the same again..." it's all very censor and very condescending.

And I dunno why smart fans tend to differentiate themselves from the fringe/bandwagon/casual fans in situations like these... it's not like they're saying, "Oh, the CASUAL fans wouldn't be able to handle it"... No, they're talking about all of us here. They don't trust the fans to buy tickets if they're up front and straight about Bogut's situation. That's disrespectful, IMO.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 pm
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013/01 ... milwaukee/

Warriors injured center Andrew Bogut said he had a moment on the bus ride from Chicago to Milwaukee. Something about the sign the Welcome to Wisconsin sign that made him a bit sad.

“It brought back a lot of memories,” said Bogut, who spent eight years in Milwaukee before being traded to the Warriors in March. “You guys know that I didn’t like the cold, but there was something about driving in that was nostalgic. This is kind of where I turned into a man, grew from a boy into a man. It will always have a special place in my heart.”

But for Bogut, his return to Milwaukee isn’t just about his “up and down” years with the Bucks. It’s also a reminder of what he has yet to do for the Warriors.

Guard Monta Ellis, the other star in the trade that landed Bogut with Golden State, has the Bucks on the way to the playoffs. Bogut’s team is also on the playoffs, but he’s pretty much had nothing to do with it.

It’s been nearly two months since Bogut talked with the media, and you can still sense the frustration from him.

“I mean, it’s been a long road for me,” he said. “It is definitely taking a lot longer than we expected. I tried to give it a go at the start of the season and it blew up. I lost my mobility and flexibility back in November, and I decided it was smart to try and be ready for the long haul, rather than play in five-game increments and then have to take time off. It’s frustrating. Nobody wants to be hurt. I don’t want to be hurt. At the same time, I’ve got no choice but to go through this process, do the right things and then come back strong.”

You know it’s killing him because Milwaukee gave up on him because of his injury history. And, nine months after ankle surgery, he’s still out, proving the Bucks right to move on.

Both Ellis and Udoh have played more than 60 games for the Bucks, currently the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference. Bogut has given the Warriors four games, 73 minutes.

Golden State has had to make due with a rookie starting at center, backed up by a player who’d been on the decline for years. The Warriors have done fine without him, which eases the sting. But several games have made it clear how badly the Warriors need Bogut to be healthy and thriving.

But when is that?

Whispers from Golden State put his return after the All-Star break. He’s been progressing slowly, aided by the Warriors’ no-pressure rehab plan. But you can hear the agitation still exists.

“I’m injury prone,” Bogut said. “I’m injury prone (in the sense) that I’ve had a lot of gruesome injuries that I can’t control. But I’ve never had a soft-tissue injury due to a lack of conditioning or fitness. There have just been two unfortunate events that have taken years off of my career. It’s just one of those things I’ve got to deal with.”

Warriors coach Mark Jackson said the best thing his team can do is show Bogut support. But even he expresses excitement over the prospects of having Bogut in the lineup.

Certainly, down the stretch, the Warriors will need Bogut. They will need his size, his defensive prowess, his passing and leadership. Getting him on the court is Step 1. Finding out what he’s got left and how he can help is another issue.

“I see exactly where I fit on this team,” Bogut said. “We have a lot of scorers. The pressure won’t be on me to score, like it was in Milwaukee. I think my passing ability is very good, and I think it’s going to really help this team. Then, rebounding and defense. My scoring is going to come and go, but we have so many scorers on this team. I’m excited to get out there and help us out, but I definitely see where I fit in on this team.”

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:54 pm
Got some good news

My mate who's diehard warriors fan reckons his inside sources have Bogut returning 31st January.

Now we can all get excited about this and it comes to fruitation or we can all blame me come Feb 1st.

But it's time.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:56 pm
It makes sense though.

If he's ready to go then you don't let him play the Milwaukee game for fear of retribution and how he might handle the Bucks faithful back in Winsconsin.

But I wouldn't be suprised with this loss if we hear about his immediate return.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:08 pm
Tell me more about your die hard warriors fan friend and his association with this source. Won't you tell him to hop on this board, Pawndawg.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:24 pm
8th ave wrote:Tell me more about your die hard warriors fan friend and his association with this source. Won't you tell him to hop on this board, Pawndawg.

I've told him before about the forum..

But he is a realGM warriorstalk hack :^o
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:09 pm
I am starting to want Bogut back as soon as he is able to. It has been a long time and the team has had a rough month. I want the team to push for a top 4 seed and he is needed for that to happen. If it gets to the point that he doesn't play this season, I will be very concerned whether he will ever be anywhere near 100% again, but I think he will be back at full strength soon.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am
PAWNO wrote:
8th ave wrote:Tell me more about your die hard warriors fan friend and his association with this source. Won't you tell him to hop on this board, Pawndawg.

I've told him before about the forum..

But he is a realGM warriorstalk hack :^o

Is he close to some Warrior front office personel or what?

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball