How's Andrew Bogut's Rehab going?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 am
Stairway Man wrote:I must say I'm disappointed in Andrew Bogut. I'm starting to wonder if he is just being lazy. Last year while in tank mode, I kept noticing him on the bench, and that was understandable after what he went through. Now, a year later he is stuck in the same chair as if he never moved. The odds of him getting healthy and staying healthy...
In some ways I feel that the Warriors are just returning to their old roots and could drop below .500 very quickly.

You should be a psychologist or something.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm
martin wrote:I'm not saying season is lost, but it sure tests a lot less sweet right now.
Cue some losing streaks and we are .500 team in a matter of 20 games.
We believe seasson had no major injury asterixes all over it and it had an amazing trade to get them out of a slump with at least three veteran starting players. This one has nothing like it and not many trading chips. With curry out we essiantly have neither pg, nor sg. Thompson and his boneheadedness the last two games does not ispire confidence in me - if he isn't shooting well, he isn't contributing. He can't defend two's, so esentially we have one combo guard and two SFs in the starting lineup, who are not very good ball movers. Where do we get our offense from? Unless Lee starts dishing 10 assists from all over the floor, this team is packed in by defenses. We are not quick enough to create kick out play making style, and with two non-threats from three point land (ezeli, lee and I would even construct virtual one from jack and barnes), we don't spread the floor enough for Lee to operate, for Thompson to get set shots. And we are not fast enough to be playing denver type of chaotic run and gun basketball. Curry out means - very very ugly team on offense. And, no, our defense is not that good to be honest. We foul a lot, cause we can't stay with our man. And we let offenses to shoot threes quite alot. So good three point shooting teams will have our number either by having open shots, or by blowing by our slow defenders for fouls.

I repeat, no curry means we are done. Ailing (not aggressive) curry means we have some chance.
Bogut... If he gets back, he'll play several games and will go down. His ankle is done, for what I know.
As well, as curry's might be in near future.

And then we are in a very bad position with average players for years to come.

We got lucky dallas, minny, lakers fell behind because of injury (and not chronic ones, mind you) issues.
But while minny might not hold over the water, if curry gets an extended injury sit out (say 2-3 weeks), dallas will be knocking on our door, I assume lakers as well, and then it's a dogfight among 5 teams (la, warriors, houston, porland, utah) for 3 positions.

Consider me pessimist but without curry, or with ailing curry, we lose our next 4 games, and all the distance we created is lost in a heartbeat.

I couldn't agree more, we need a consistent healthy Curry and Bogut. Its the NBA, without your number one options the structure falls apart. We have done it well without Bogut but this month coming in we knew was going to be a challenge, and it has been losing five of the last six.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 pm
Steinmetz predicted, with no evidence, that Bogut will return after February 1st.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree. I see it more like late February.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 am
The San Francisco Chronicle reports Andrew Bogut, recovering from left ankle surgery, is making progress as he did some full-court sprints prior to Monday's game against the Clippers.

The Warriors still do not have a target date for his return to the active roster.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm
8th ave wrote:
The San Francisco Chronicle reports Andrew Bogut, recovering from left ankle surgery, is making progress as he did some full-court sprints prior to Monday's game against the Clippers.

The Warriors still do not have a target date for his return to the active roster.

Could they be any vaguer? It's like they're purposely trying to be annoying.

Imagine if this was the cafeteria on your Caribbean cruise. Imagine how this would go over.

Vague Douche wrote:The mess hall aboard the SS DBaggimus is still hesitant to give out any specific details on when they'll be serving food this week, but the buzz aboard the main deck is that its coming along on schedule.

"It's a process," said head chef, Ramon Doosh. "We don't want to put any added pressure on our cooks; that's how you spoil a potentially great meal. You can't just rush these sort of functions, you need to make sure you've got all your bases covered. Believe me, nobody wants to serve food more than we do. It's all anyone wants to talk to us about. But if you just plate your lasagna without really making sure it's 5 star quality, you run the risk of ruining the rest of dinner. And the staff as a whole has decided there's no reason to do that, especially since everyone's having a good time at the poker tables anyway. We'll serve food when the food is ready and not a second before. "

Passengers aboard the ship recieved a crumb of wheat bread before being told the ship's cafeteria was being shut down. It has been 9 days since any food was served.

How do you think this would go over??

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Imagine if this was the cafeteria on your Caribbean cruise. Imagine how this would go over.

Vague Douche wrote:The mess hall aboard the SS DBaggimus is still hesitant to give out any specific details on when they'll be serving food this week, but the buzz aboard the main deck is that its coming along on schedule.

"It's a process," said head chef, Ramon Doosh. "We don't want to put any added pressure on our cooks; that's how you spoil a potentially great meal. You can't just rush these sort of functions, you need to make sure you've got all your bases covered. Believe me, nobody wants to serve food more than we do. It's all anyone wants to talk to us about. But if you just plate your lasagna without really making sure it's 5 star quality, you run the risk of ruining the rest of dinner. And the staff as a whole has decided there's no reason to do that, especially since everyone's having a good time at the poker tables anyway. We'll serve food when the food is ready and not a second before. "

Passengers aboard the ship recieved a crumb of wheat bread before being told the ship's cafeteria was being shut down. It has been 9 days since any food was served.

:D lmfao
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm
I'm dying here...lol

Nice one, 32...you should send it as a mail to our team officials. ::razz:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm
What would you prefer they say or do, though? You think they know something we don't?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm
We know nothing.

How could they not know more than us?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 pm
I'm not so sure. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I think it's out of their hands and the only person who is going to know when he's ready is Bogut. And I don't mean he's going to know when before hand, but he'll know when he plays on it in practice/drills/pregame workout and not be sore.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm
But this mums-the-word policy on how they communicate precisely what they know about his injury is purposely done. They're keeping everything vague and open-ended for a reason. You can't possibly say they've been cooperative about giving fans reliable, honest updates about Bogut's injury. They're being impossibly cryptic when clearly they know more than they're revealing.

I, for one, find it annoying.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm
We are essentially lock's for the playoffs at this point, it's important to have him healthy for the playoffs. I am okay with waiting at the poker table.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm
I wouldn't go as far as calling it cryptic or anything like that. I don't think they're hiding that he may be out longer than people are anticipating. They just don't want to make the mistake of setting a date and end up missing the target is all. Doesn't bug me at all. He'll be back when he'll be back.

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 pm
32 wrote:
8th ave wrote:

Frontrunner for post of the year. +1

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 am
I also think that the team is purposely keeping information about Bogut to a minimum, but I also think that it is better, as then people aren't going to be at all negative about the Bogut situation and will continue to be happy about the team's success so far this season.

I was very annoyed about the fact that the team didn't come clean about the original nature of Bogut's injury and surgery, as they knew he was going to have to stay out much longer. I think they played Bogut the first two or three games to not only give the team a psychological boost, but the fans as well. It may have all gone the other way though, but worked out well.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball