Dominic McGuire to Raptors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:41 pm
Figured I'd post this..didn't see it anywhere. Guess we figured it would happen sooner to later.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dominic-mcguire-reaches-agreement-to-play-for-raptors.html
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm
This figures. After the signing of Laundry, the writing was on the wall with DM.

This provokes the question of who can take McGuire's spot in the rotation. Do the Warriors need a gritty swing player that can guard 3 or 4 positions in the event of an absolutely vital stop on the other team's best player; be it a guard, wing, or elbow threat? Obviously, Bogut is going to be counted on to bottleneck the big men, but it's worth noting that McGuire was asked to guard Nowitski, Bryant, Garnett, and LeBron at certain points last year... And proved pestering enough to be an asset in those situations.

Do the Warriors need a one-man stopper? Does anyone believe Kent Bazemore is that guy?

Or will Bogut's influence on the overall team defense make such a player more of a luxury than a requirement?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm
Man, i'd much rather have McGuire over Bazemore. I think we could've afford him too. What gives?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:50 pm
McGuire was a valuable player to me. He was more important than Landry and filled many more needs. You can't just have one great defensive player, you need two or three in order to work a great defensive scheme.

Letting him go was a mistake and hopefully over the next two or three seasons the FO can get more good defensive players.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball