Klay Thompson Receives Respect and Praise from Olympic Team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 am
Outstanding article regarding the evolution of Klay's game, and the respect he's earning from practicing/scrimmaging against our Olympic team. He's raising eyebrows, and he's competing at a very high level.. Like I've stated in the 'who will be the most improved Warrior' thread, i really think Klay takes it to the next level this year. Hopefully these raves are a testament and a foreshadow of that.

As part of the practice squad at Team USA training camp earlier this month, Thompson took a weeklong pounding from the likes of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Russell Westbrook. But by camp's end, he had accomplished everything he hoped to. He got some intense training. He got to test his skills against the best in the game.

And he got some respect.

"I like Klay. I think he's got one of the brightest young futures in our game," James said. "With his ability, the way he can shoot the ball and make plays, and with his size, Golden State's really got something in him."

"He just knows how to play the game of basketball," Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams said. "I think he's going to be special as the years go on. As a rookie last year, I thought he made a great impact. He'll continue to get better."

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_ ... n-team-usa

I really think this experience is going to speed up the progression of Thompson's game. He's practicing against the best the NBA has to offer, and he's being schooled, yet competing at a high level. If you read the article, there's multiple players (Kobe, Lebron, D Will) that are giving him props. My hope is that he soaks up as much advice and lessons as possible. He's clearly seeing what makes these players elite, and what he needs to work on in order to reach their level.

i'm very excited about Klay Thompson's future.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:14 pm
Klay has one of the nicest shots, mid range, as automatic as you will find in the NBA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:56 pm
Great comments by great credible players. Klay really could be something special and who knows, could become the best player on the team even. Future looking very good for the team finally.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:59 am
migya wrote:Great comments by great credible players. Klay really could be something special and who knows, could become the best player on the team even. Future looking very good for the team finally.

Agreed. What is enrouraging is the caliber of players these comments are coming from. Lebron, Kobe and D Will could've easily said, "he's getting there," or "he's progressing." Somewhat lukewarm, vague comments. But they really went out of their way to praise him and point out how much potential he has. Can't wait for this season

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:26 pm
Competing against those type of players will do wonders for his game and confidence. Anyone have any good comparisons on the type of player he could mature into?

Ray Allen? Reggie Miller?
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 pm
Miller or maybe Hornachek , but i would really hope for Majerle.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:49 pm
Is anyone surprised?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball