Last All-Star Latrell Sprewell (1997)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:15 pm
migya wrote:I think Phoenix could have an alright team with the recent signings. They'll have to make a trade next offseason of one of these players for a good PF, if Gortat is to stay at Center, because they don't have any other real good big.

Pheonix is over paying for Dragic and Beasly. They would have a decent team if they get Gordon at 2, but think NO will match. Still they are over paying for their players
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:58 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
migya wrote:I think Phoenix could have an alright team with the recent signings. They'll have to make a trade next offseason of one of these players for a good PF, if Gortat is to stay at Center, because they don't have any other real good big.

Pheonix is over paying for Dragic and Beasly. They would have a decent team if they get Gordon at 2, but think NO will match. Still they are over paying for their players

I think you're underestimating how good Gortat is and I don't think you know how much he gets paid. For a player at his position with his production, his contract is an absolute steal.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:35 pm
8th ave wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

I think you're underestimating how good Gortat is and I don't think you know how much he gets paid. For a player at his position with his production, his contract is an absolute steal.

I was mainly talking about the new contracts they were shelling out.
Max contract to Gordon.
$8 million a year for Dragic for four years
$6 million a year for Beasly for 3 years

Then they already have Childress at 6.5 million a year and Channing Frye at $6 million a year.

Those are the bad contracts I'm referring to.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm
The Suns can't replace Nash and the signings they made were below mediocre. While Kendall Marshall might have great vision he is no Nash, it can not be stated enough how much Nash meant to that team and to everyone else, he was able to penetrate, and dish, the most unselfish PG in the league, even to a fault as he was capable of scoring and hitting open 3's.

So as far as I am concerned they will decline next year. Gortat is a potentail all-star but that will get wasted because this team will suck, even if Gordon signs I don't see them making much noise with that patched up roster.

Its great to actually discuss the idea of a future all-star without it being a far-fetch topic, past years our team was filled with players from the D-League. We had high hopes the like of Azibuke, Toliver, CJ Watson, all bench type players. But know our starting five all have potential in the near future of becoming all-stars, might shed a tear if one pulls it off. Baby steps, and if they win it all then damn, not sure how I would react.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 pm
I also think Phoenix is overpaying for Dragic, Beasley and Gordon, but if they didn't get those three (Gordon might still stay in NO), then they'd be so awful and they still might actually. What's good about signing players is that if they perform well enough, they are tradeable. Beasley for example, if he starts and has averages of say 15pts and 8rebs, then he immediately is tradeable and probably would never have higher value. Phoenix has to be smart and get the high paid guys the most court time and look to trade them for better valued players in the near future.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 am
I think those contract signings have stuck the Suns in mediocre land for the time being - unless all of them can exceed their potential. Looks like a move W's of a few years ago would do - bet all their money on potential. Nothing fearsome about a Dragic E. Gordon Beasley Frye Gortat lineup. Mavs also struck out big on Deron and DH. 2 weaker teams in the West, so all this is good news for the Warriors. Every year I think the Spurs are going to drop off a bit cuz of their aging stars, but they always seem to play good ball.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:56 am
If Dallas doesn't get a couple of very good players this offseason, they'll fall maybe out of the playoffs even. They've lost their starting PG and backup PG/SG who was their second leading scorer. Big losses and good for us definately.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:06 pm
HA!

When Baron Davis put up first-half numbers of 23 points, 8.5 assists, 4.5 rebounds, and nearly 3 steals per game and DIDN'T make the Western Conference squad FRESH OFF the We Believe run, it became obvious what kind of haterade the league was serving in Warrior Land. Monta Ellis was a more understandable snub, but BD putting up MVP kind of digits after an 8-seed-over-1-seed playoff run that put national attention on the Warriors? Damn shame.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 pm
I know we had crossed over the topic in the Curry post, but looking back at this, since July we had a feeling one of the warriors might make the all-star team, but realizing all of this as being a reality what a feeling. And if Curry or Lee dont make it, there will be a protest
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I know we had crossed over the topic in the Curry post, but looking back at this, since July we had a feeling one of the warriors might make the all-star team, but realizing all of this as being a reality what a feeling. And if Curry or Lee dont make it, there will be a protest

Picket, boycott, riot?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm
JREED wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I know we had crossed over the topic in the Curry post, but looking back at this, since July we had a feeling one of the warriors might make the all-star team, but realizing all of this as being a reality what a feeling. And if Curry or Lee dont make it, there will be a protest

Picket, boycott, riot?

I will find David Sterns house lol. If they don't I believe the media will speak up, it will be a travesty if neither make it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 pm
If the Warriors keep winning, then Lee and Curry in their current form will have to be a strong chance of making a bench spot.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 am
With this play, they are both deserving of a spot. If somehow we don't see either of them on the West All-Star team, then I'm all for some kind of protest. Heck, I would help with a riot, if I wasn't so far away. lol
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 am
Well, at least Curry is getting some recognition, if not Lee...though, it's just one article, and one guy's opinion. Maybe Lee is not in those 6 he mentions, but might be number 7...who knows. Anyway, everything is going in direction that will give us a first All-Star player in a long time. They just both need to continue producing at this level, at least.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/1 ... ar-debuts/
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 am
Ringo wrote:If the Warriors keep winning, then Lee and Curry in their current form will have to be a strong chance of making a bench spot.

That's it, if the team keeps winning like they have, both Lee and Curry would be strongly considered. I'd say Lee would be more likely to get chosen than Curry.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball