Mock Draft Game - FREE AGENCY TIME

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:27 am
And why are you even thinking about trying to counteract Durant? You have to know that you're not in a situation to challenge the defending western conference champions (potentially NBA champions), but in a position to lay the ground work to get into the playoffs! There's just so much wrong.

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 am
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:This was not an easy move but we clear up Beans 9 million, and also Walton will come off the books at about 6 mill, now that give the warriors 15 mill of cap space to work with, plus you get MKG.

I know Klay was special and deadly from the perimeter but the flexibility gives us the option of going to get about any player in coming years, while we still have our main core set.

Considering the trade for Prince he is old now, plus has too many money on his years.

Great working with you Mig on the trade.

You do not clear 15 mil in salary. You cleared about 3-4 Million dollar THIS year and that does not improve our chances of acquiring someone than having Biedrins on the roster. Walton does expire sooner but you have to factor in everyone's salary increase, whether or not if we extend rush, and rookie salaries this year + rookie salary increase for next year. We would not have as much cap flexibility as you think we would.

The cap flexiblity is reffereing to when Walton's contract expires which would be in 2013, that will then combine his/Beans salaries off the books, and also factor in Dwright expire coming of the books as well.

Rush will get about $5mill near the qualifying offer he has on the books for , so by 2013, we would have clear Beans/Walton/Dwright by 2013. By 2013 Walton is off the books at 6 mill, Beans is off the books at 9 mill, and Dwright is off the books at 4 mill, plus you have to imagine the core is signed up to 2013, you only worry up till then, as salaries and plays will sort themselves out. So by start of 2013 season warriors have 19 mill coming of the books. Rookie salary increases and signing role players won't have too much damage on 19 million.

By 2013 you have restricted/unrestricted free agents, pending on how things go with Harden who OKC can't keep while also keeping Ibaka, Chris Paul and Dwight are free agents.

Again the core stays put, Bogut, Lee, Curry not touched, place Rush as the starting 2, problem solved.

The more i deliberate on it the more i like this trade for the warriors. Imagine we pick up Harden in 2013, if OKC is strapped for cash and can't commit.

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 am
1. Rush will get more than 5 mil a year.
2. Dwight Howard will be a free agent next year, so by the end of 2013, he'll have a new contract.
3. Ibaka will be a restricted free agent. OKC can match.
4. Harden will be a restricted free agent. OKC can match.
5. Inserting Rush into the starting line up. Cool. Our depth takes a huge plunge.
6. And this is a big one so pay attention.

MKG will make 3 with 10% increases following every year. Walton makes 6 Mil and comes off the books after next year. The Warriors with this trade will sit at 56 Mil which would put us 2 mil under the cap. That will make no difference in this year's free agency.

In 2013, Walton will come off the books. So will Wright. You think this will give us 19 but it won't!!! Bogut will be making 14, Rush will be making 6 (and this is your number. You say he'll get 5, so in 2013, he'll get around 6.), Lee will be making 13.8, MKG's Salary will increase to 4 mil a year, and RJ will opt into his 11 mil. All of this is already 50 Million dollars and I'm not even counting additional rookies (which we'll have) and Curry, and that sir, is your ENTIRE salary. Your 19 million dollars has disappeared.

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm
I'm gonna wait to make the pick for now. Toronto has an agreement in principle to deal the 8th pick away, but the trade was shelved by the other team. If the deal falls apart, I'll make my pick in an hour or so.

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:56 pm
TORONTO RAPTORS

Thinnest Position(s): Power forward, small forward
Biggest Need(s): Shooting, post scoring
Key Pieces: Andrea Bargnani (C), DeMar DeRozan (SG/SF), Jose Calderon (PG)

Selection: Perry Jones III, PF/SF - Baylor University

High risk, high reward. Toronto has needed a compliment to Bargnani since the departure of Bosh. Jones III is a skilled change-up from the hustle play of Toronto's other bigs (Amir Johnson, James Johnson, Ed Davis).

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: DeMar DeRozan
SF: Linas Kleiza
PF: Perry Jones III
C: Andrea Bargnani

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:15 pm
32 wrote:TORONTO RAPTORS

Thinnest Position(s): Power forward, small forward
Biggest Need(s): Shooting, post scoring
Key Pieces: Andrea Bargnani (C), DeMar DeRozan (SG/SF), Jose Calderon (PG)

Selection: Perry Jones III, PF/SF - Baylor University

High risk, high reward. Toronto has needed a compliment to Bargnani since the departure of Bosh. Jones III is a skilled change-up from the hustle play of Toronto's other bigs (Amir Johnson, James Johnson, Ed Davis).

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: DeMar DeRozan
SF: Linas Kleiza
PF: Perry Jones III
C: Andrea Bargnani

You also have valanciunas coming next year so it looks like you might have a log jam.

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:17 pm
Boston selects Myers Leonard

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:21 pm
Not necessarily. Jones III and Bargnani can both slide down one position. And if the motivational issues with Jones are true, it might be best to start him out as a 6th man anyway. Either way, he easily had the highest ceiling of anyone left on the board and the biggest blunder teams make on draft day is taking a player based on need instead of talent. I can't let something like a potential logjam distract me from getting the best guy left.

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS HORNETS

Thinnest Position(s): Center
Biggest Need(s): Skill players, post-scoring
Key Pieces: Eric Gordon (SG), Al-Farouq Aminu (F), Trevor Ariza (SF)

Selection: Damian Lillard, PG - Weber State

With Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis to build around, New Orleans' best option is to take a talented floor general with their second lottery pick. Lillard is the prize PG of the draft and he'll make a terrific compliment to the rest of the NOH squad.

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Trevor Ariza
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Chris Kaman

(yes, I know Kaman is an UFA, but he's already been quoted saying he's open to resigning with the Hornets to play alongside the #1 pick. Don't nit-pick me :wink:)

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:30 pm
8th ave wrote:Boston selects Myers Leonard

Over Tyler Zeller??

DraftExpress has Zeller nearly 10 spots higher than Leonard. Playing a hunch, 8th?

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:35 pm
PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS

Thinnest Position(s): Point guard
Biggest Need(s): Youth, energy, shooting
Key Pieces: LaMarcus Alderidge (PF), Wes Matthews (SG), Nicholas Batum (SF)

Selection: Jeremy Lamb, SG - Connecticut

PG: Raymond Felton / Johnny Flynn
SG : Wes Matthews / Jeremy Lamb
SF: Nicholas Batum / Luke Babbitt
PF: LaMarcus Alderidge / Craig Smith
C : Jared Sullinger / Kurt Thomas

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:25 pm
32 wrote:Not necessarily. Jones III and Bargnani can both slide down one position. And if the motivational issues with Jones are true, it might be best to start him out as a 6th man anyway. Either way, he easily had the highest ceiling of anyone left on the board and the biggest blunder teams make on draft day is taking a player based on need instead of talent. I can't let something like a potential logjam distract me from getting the best guy left.

PJ3 himself said that he played put of position playing at baylor. Says he wants to demonstrate his speed and handles.

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:26 pm
32 wrote:

Over Tyler Zeller??

DraftExpress has Zeller nearly 10 spots higher than Leonard. Playing a hunch, 8th?

Esp and draftexpress both have leonard going to milwaukee at 12. He has a higher ceiling than zeller does

» Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 pm
8th ave wrote:
32 wrote:

Over Tyler Zeller??

Esp and draftexpress both have leonard going to milwaukee at 12. He has a higher ceiling than zeller does

Hmmm, Zellers is 12th and Leonard is 20th on the top 100 prospect list.

All Star
» Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:01 pm