Jason Kidd, anyone?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm
Golden State has to decide on who will back up Stephen Curry next season, and the choices may involve a future first-ballot hall of famer.

Nate Robinson showed flashes in his first season with the Warriors and is one decent option. Charles Jenkins' late-season emergence could make him an even better option, given that he's younger and would likely come cheaper.

A third option, according to Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group, could be Oakland-native Jason Kidd.

ESPN's NBA expert Ric Bucher said on KNBR 680 AM this morning that he thinks it would be a good move for both sides -- a better strategy than adding Lamar Odom, for example -- and one that could eventually lead to Kidd entering the Warriors' front office.

With Kidd almost certainly being a one-year solution, it wouldn't be out of the question for the Warriors to sign both Kidd and Robinson or Jenkins if the price is right.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm
I think it would be a great move if Kidd was willing to come off the bench. I've watched some of Dallas' games and Kidd often guard the best opposing player. He would bring a great defensive presence and would be great for the young guys in the locker room. He has shown leadership ability and is still effective even though he's old. Would be awesome if he agrees to the MLE.

In the end, I'd doubt it happen.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm
I'm with you.

Like it, makes a lotta sense for us... Don't see it happening.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm
I had read that he wants to stay in Dallas for one more season.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm
A veteran PG in Jason Kidd who can run the offense and have impact on the game that does not involve scoring. He would be a good mentor for Curry to take his game to the next level as a NBA PG.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 am
Man that would be awesome. He can still play and is still effective. Kidd changes teams. Like Tyson Chandler changes a defense, Kidd gets the team to play the right way and play smart basketball. Like having a coach on the floor. Warriors could use that kind of presence. I'm thinking it probably won't happen, but since he got a ring finally, that might not be his top priority anymore come offseason.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:06 am
If we are looking for a backup point guard.

We need to chase Patty Mills. He is like a clone of Steph Curry (albeit missing a few key attributes)

but he will have great chemistry with Bogut with all their National Basketball duties together.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:27 am
We should give Kidd an incentive to join the Warriors... like play your final season in your hometown team. And when you retire, you can join the bench as an assistant coach. That would be cool.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:27 pm
It's cool until Dallas matches the offer.

At this point, despite the locals here forever wishing Jason Kidd will make a prodigal son return before he retires, I think Dallas - as the team that drafted him, made him a star, and ultimately reacquired him so the two could fulfill their long awaited mutual goal of an NBA championship - has as much "hometown" appeal as we do. If this were baseball, he'd be going into the Hall of Fame as a Dallas Maverick. It's quite distinctively his trademark NBA home.

If the Mavericks want him back, we're already out of the bidding.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball