Nate a real option to keep

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Nate Robinson seems to be not a favourite of most Warriors fans from what I've read the last couple of months. Truth is that the man plays well, both scoring and getting assists. His somewhat Monta like, which at first looks like not such a good thing, but since he's a backup, that's more of a good thing. If he resigned for no more than 2 million, would be good value I think.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm
migya wrote:Nate Robinson seems to be not a favourite of most Warriors fans from what I've read the last couple of months. Truth is that the man plays well, both scoring and getting assists. His somewhat Monta like, which at first looks like not such a good thing, but since he's a backup, that's more of a good thing. If he resigned for no more than 2 million, would be good value I think.

I like Nate as energy back up player and if warriors don't believe Charles Jenkin can contribute. Nate fits what Mark Jackson philosophy and that is Mark Jackson wants veteran players easier to coach than rookies. Since their expectation is get into the playoffs they need all the veteran players they need, because mark jackson coaching skills need major development. Maybe the summer league will be good for Mark Jackson to practice his coaching skills
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 pm
I Love Nate and the energy he brings. Problem is, what will it cost to bring him back?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:04 am
Yeah, the only problem I see here is his salary. If he doesn't become greedy, I think he will stay...it seems like he loves it here, and fans at Oracle love him too, he's an energy guy, you got to love that.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:25 am
He won't be expensive. Someone might throw some dollars his way but with the new salary cap structure I am sure teams won't be rushing out to give him a Chris Mullin to Derek Fisher (come be my cornerstone pillar with Adonal Foyle summer signing)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 am
I think Nate's energy and style will be much more effective on this healthy roster. It'll be much better with Lee and Bogut out there with Nate at times. Nate could be the difference in some wins next season

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball