We've got to get this forum going

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:25 pm
For starters, I started this thread to get the regular posters here to get into some conversation, I didn't mean to insult anyone implying that this forum means nothing and they need to do more. I'd like nothing more than to have conversations with you guys here, on other topics if liked, not just basketball, though we have plenty to talk about just with the nba.

I've been on this forum non stop for seven years and liked everyone, except 32. I'm not going to go into it right now and hope not to, because that shiit went on every week for five years and I don't want it to go on again. I mention this, because 32 posted what he did in this forum above and I think it was unwarranted, no need to mention anything, but I admit I'm not surprised, because it's the same sort of thing he did over the years. To be honest, I saw 32 come back some days ago and I thought, can't believe he's back after most of the regular members over two years ago didn't like his attitude of negativity and the mods, who had been pretty liberal (hobbes included), told him he was out of line. He spat and left, not handling being told off. Any proof needed, anyone feel free to look back some two years ago on the main forum and see for yourselves.

As for the guys that left this forum to start their own one - I got along well with all of them. Found them to be true friends who could speak on a many number of subjects. They were a nice part of my life for a few years there, friends on the internet which was new to me. I wish them well and to be honest, they have a nice forum over there, nice members from what I recalled when I took a look there for a few weeks. I'm a member of this forum and spend most of my internet time here as it has been good and we have some very good new posters, very nice to talk to and a new one who is a mod that seems well knowledgeable as well, good to see you are doing good Guybrush, I credit you.

To be honest, I welcome 32 back and do not want any part of the goings on we had before. He has added a good conversation to the forum, writes well and has gotten some action going on here. As long as well all have respect for one another and not be harsh in dealing with each other, as well as not being that sensitive with what others say about what we write, keepin it friendly as it should be, this place will be great and it is becoming that.

I do think the Warriors will finally be having some success and I think we will be talking alot about that, which will be great

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 pm
Bada.. Welcome back!

Glad you cleared your chest & acknowledged that in hindsight you could of handled it better.

My main gripe with how it all went down was you PM'ing people inviting people to a smaller community & yet still using a signature advertising your new msgboard. I acknowledge that 32 is wrong & you are correct in terms of posters have a choice as to which board they wanna post but It kind of contradicts in my eyes what you were trying to achieve using your signature on this site as an advertisement to your new site (come check out the new forum, but only if your invited & then you will be screened like it's some kind of popularity contest)

I think Hobbes was very gracious as not to ban/ask you guys to leave immediately & that probably showed how much of a top bloke hobbes was/is & the friendships you all had made before the mutual split.

What really annoyed me was you guys left & still came here & you had one of your moderators come back here & private msg a new poster to our forum telling him to join the dark side (information relayed to me by a dual poster between both boards who thought it was an unethical practice) ... You felt the need to defend the sly private messaging culprit & not acknowledge that it was a lowball act to poach a brand new forum member to goldenstwarriors.com... That in my book was wrong & I'll never forgive him for that.

Anyways dude.. I've said my piece. So long.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 pm
7 years is a long time to grow up, migya. I'm by no means "old" now, but I'm a lot less volatile than when I was 19. As bada suggested, there was a time where I could not deny being a fire-starter. The vast majority of members did not dislike me and a huge chunk of the forum stood up for me when I left, but I don't expect my enemy-at-the-time to remember it that way. Either way, you won't be subject to any past issues between us on my account. I consider myself a lot less spicy now. Still brash, still proud of my own opinion, but a lot less likely to toss a personal insult during a disagreement.

bada, I was not being disingenuous. I registered under a new name because 32 was my # in hs, but I have long since moved on. The Rolling Bear is my bowling name and I went with that for no other reason than I haven't worn #32 in almost 10 years. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone. And if what you say is true and you never had any qualms with me, please accept my apology for not realizing it sooner. I felt chased off during my previous stint and I grouped you into the lot of those who discredited me. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. Obviously, a huge part of me whining about the loss of so many great posters is because I have missed a lot of you and I hope your board continues to thrive. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. Do me a solid and say what's up to XBay and EMan for me, okay man? Best of luck bro.

New bottom line: let's get this place crackin again, boy's. We did it once, we can do it again!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:25 pm
Well, I'm new too all of this so I don't/can't really have an opinion on the past. I just know that it has been a pleasure to come here and read the comments since I have been a part of the thread. It's the Internet, people..there are going to be some arguments and different views of opinions no matter where you go. I can agree that if someone were racist or angry or mean to another poster that would be different, dislike them..but if someone feels negatively towards the team or wants to wipe a player's butt for them that's okay..that's just a matter of opinion.

Why don't we be the fans everyone knows we are and be happy no matter what happens (minus the "boo owner" thing)..we all want our team to be better and win a championship..but it's not good for your health to be angry all of the time and expect the team to do exactly what YOU want them to do. Hell, if I were a player on the team I'd want to win..I'd feel better with getting more wins going in to the next season then just completely giving up. There are pros and cons to both, yes I know. I can feel a turn coming..look at how good the Clippers got after acquiring ONE star player...HELLO!

I don't know..just be happy you aren't one of the thousands of starving children in the small country of Chad; drinking from the same lake you crap/urinate in and you'll more than likely be happier. :)
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 am
Ok I was not the only one who found the former Mods a bit finger trigger happy when it came to banning people, or dis-agreed with them.

Its re-freshing to see and notice the new Mods just blend in as regular WARRIORS fan, because that is what this site is about, the former acted as if this was their holy grail and they the ones in control and they wanted everyone to know that. The elite verses the who ever else, that's why they branched out, so they can all agree with each other and pat each other on the back. They banned alot knowledge able posters and had that Nazi-like control, ridiculous.

Things here are now chill even if there are dis-agreements, that is life, just as long as it is done respectfully then it all good.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:34 am
I have a complaint against GSW Hoops Fan. That guy posts the most stupidest **** and we should ban him....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:38 am
Just to make it clear, I don't have anything against Bada and people there, heck, I didn't even had a chance to get to know them, the only thing that left the sour taste in my mouth is that we all are Warriors fans, and that we are scattered all over the internet. But, they wanted that small community, and that's fine.

There might be some not very class acts during the period of separation, but what's done is done. I just can assume that this place would look like round table if hobbes had let them buyout the site, so, as a fan of the Warriors I have to thank hobbes for not doing that. In the end, they got what they wanted, and we have our place, and we're going to get it back on track, heck, we already are getting there.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:41 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I have a complaint against GSW Hoops Fan. That guy posts the most stupidest **** and we should ban him....

Nah, you'll get used to it with time. ::razz:

I really like the atmosphere here, and I hope more people will join, and it will be livelier than before. Those big contributors 32 mentioned would be good, but anyone new who with knowledge could help a lot. not meaning that other people with less knowledge are not welcome.

And thanks for the compliments, Migs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 am
I'm in agreement with the sentiment that this place will have its up when warriors will start winning. Analyzing losses takes the better out of everyone for no good reason - scapegoating and member shooting comes to full force.
I was a part of few feuds here, though i never took it seriously, except for working on my skills in argument and satire, as old Heracleitus said - in feud there's truth born. I know i was asked to be banned by coltraning these times, i found that especially strange.
I'm an commited anarchist and don't believe in authorities whatsoever, resist and refuse them. Even the self-proclaimed authorities of 'very knowledgeable basketball mind' of 32 when he was teased into more robust disagreements.
I lived last year in a student flat, eh, one room, and had no internet or food at times, this is my sole reason for getting little to no time on this board.
Anyway, i'm the biggest fan of games threads (when i watch games, which is no longer for this season) and never have posted prolifically in discussion threads, simply because there are too many relative terms in basketball and that makes up for very opinioned arguments, which is, of course, not a bad thing, but not a thing for my taste.
So, go, golenstwarriors, and new members abound with words profound!

Of course, tips to guybrush, who was my argument partner during serbia/lithuania match-ups, sadly, we won't see you in this year's olympics.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:57 am
I'll make one quick comment, then hopefully that is the end of the back and forth between boards. I really appreciate the fact that Migya has started this thread and I want to try to keep it on topic.

I think there is some truth to what everyone is saying. Bada and others were mods on this board when I wasn't here much, for several reasons, some of which I don't want to get into publicly (happy to discuss privately) but we all have crap to deal with in life at certain times and I will leave it at that. They did a good job overall as mods, I trusted their judgment, and there were times they probably made decisions that made certain people unhappy. It happens on boards like this, not everyone is going to agree with everything. It is what it is. They did offer to "buy" the board and I turned them down, and that is when they left to start their own site, which is perfectly within their rights. We've moved on. End of story.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 am
32 wrote:7 years is a long time to grow up, migya. I'm by no means "old" now, but I'm a lot less volatile than when I was 19. As bada suggested, there was a time where I could not deny being a fire-starter. The vast majority of members did not dislike me and a huge chunk of the forum stood up for me when I left, but I don't expect my enemy-at-the-time to remember it that way. Either way, you won't be subject to any past issues between us on my account. I consider myself a lot less spicy now. Still brash, still proud of my own opinion, but a lot less likely to toss a personal insult during a disagreement.

bada, I was not being disingenuous. I registered under a new name because 32 was my # in hs, but I have long since moved on. The Rolling Bear is my bowling name and I went with that for no other reason than I haven't worn #32 in almost 10 years. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone. And if what you say is true and you never had any qualms with me, please accept my apology for not realizing it sooner. I felt chased off during my previous stint and I grouped you into the lot of those who discredited me. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. Obviously, a huge part of me whining about the loss of so many great posters is because I have missed a lot of you and I hope your board continues to thrive. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. Do me a solid and say what's up to XBay and EMan for me, okay man? Best of luck bro.

New bottom line: let's get this place crackin again, boy's. We did it once, we can do it again!

32, didn't realize you were a bowler. I am "retired" now but bowled competitively when I was growing up and in my 20's.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am
[Edited by JREED] - Sorry 8th, I understand your frustration as we've all felt it at times but we need to keep it civil.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 am
Yeah boss, I roll every couple of weeks with my coworkers and friends. Not a real great bowler, bout 180 avg. What's your high game, hobbes?

And I agree with the general consensus in that this place is much more pleasant without the egg-shell-trending for fear of heavy-handed, overbearing, one-size-fits-all punishment. Give me a spicy 32 vs migya debate - at the end of the day, it's damn good reading. Give me titties and ass in 8th Ave's sig's. Give me an overseas fan who can type bloody English and doesn't front on how well he knows the team and above all else is FUNNY, like pawn dog. Give me uncensored debate and conversation ENGAGED IN, but not COMPLETELY DOMINATED by mods, like Vince McMahon trying to suck up every second of air time for himself. At the end of the day, this is GoldenStWarriors.Co, not hobbes & friends warn the new guy not to post about a, b, or c. This forum is about YOU, the users.

This may be the island of misfit toys, but f*ck it. We weren't trying to fit into the mold anyway. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 am
32 wrote:Yeah boss, I roll every couple of weeks with my coworkers and friends. Not a real great bowler, bout 180 avg. What's your high game, hobbes?

And I agree with the general consensus in that this place is much more pleasant without the egg-shell-trending for fear of heavy-handed, overbearing, one-size-fits-all punishment. Give me a spicy 32 vs migya debate - at the end of the day, it's damn good reading. Give me titties and ass in 8th Ave's sig's. Give me an overseas fan who can type bloody English and doesn't front on how well he knows the team and above all else is FUNNY, like pawn dog. Give me uncensored debate and conversation ENGAGED IN, but not COMPLETELY DOMINATED by mods, like Vince McMahon trying to suck up every second of air time for himself. At the end of the day, this is GoldenStWarriors.Co, not hobbes & friends warn the new guy not to post about a, b, or c. This forum is about YOU, the users.

This may be the island of misfit toys, but f*ck it. We weren't trying to fit into the mold anyway. :wink:

I agree with much of what you said, but I'm not totally on board with being that critical of the previous mod staff, they did an excellent job of running this place and excelled at invoking conversation. In response to this thread, I have to apologize for being such an absentee poster, particularly for being a mod. Sure I've have all the excuses - work, school, life - but I share the responsibility with the other mods and hobbes to contribute far more than I have been.

Moving forward, we've decided to hold the awards again - I'll be making a thread shortly.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:16 pm
8th ave wrote:[Edited by JREED] - Sorry 8th, I understand your frustration as we've all felt it at times but we need to keep it civil.

Wth? U couldnt just replace the "fuks and pussies" with "forget and vagina"? Never been edited before. I feel violated.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball