Lottery/7th pick/tank schedule

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 pm
But we play without Lee...if he doesn't return, so, it's a bunch of young guys. I can see us losing almost every game until the end easily.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm
That's it, with Lee now out, the team should lose all their remaining games. Then again, they were competitive tonight against the Clips, even with the awful roster we have right now.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 pm
Losing this pick isn't going to be all that bad. If we lose this years, we're guaranteed next years. If we get this years pick, we lose next years. Even though our other draft pick is really late in the 1st, at least we still have one. At this point, I don't even care what happens to this pick anymore.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:48 pm
You kidding. Getting this 1st rounder will be much better than next year's. In all likelihood we will be in the playoffs next season, this season we are not so it;s a lottery pick. I want this pick, screw Utah, and I want to make something good happen with it.

Nets lost to Celts tonight, keeping them one game ahead of us and Cavs beat Wiz, putting tham 1.5 games ahead of us. We lost to Clips, putting us even with Detroit

Looking nice :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:03 pm
Yeah, I see wuthchu sayin. I don't know though. I just don't see us picking anyone that will make a significant impact. I just want to fast forward to next season and see how this Bogut, Thompson, Lee, and Curry thing pans out.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 am
At #7, I don't see any SF that can be a starter on our team, but I do see very good potential bigs that could be good backups straight away. My preference though, is to trade the lottery pick, if it's not able to land us MKG (who looks good to be honest and could start here as the SF and obviously would be cheaper than real good SFs in the nba right now), in a package for a very good SF, the likes of JSmith (who I think can be a good fit at SF here, but he really is more comfortable as PF) or Iguodala. Turner from Philly could be had cheaply too I think, as their coach Doug Collins doesn't seem to like him or use him properly. Turner could be a major steal.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:19 am
so ready to shed D Lee? Dude's had a pretty good year and his impact goes beyond the court, he's a leader for the team and brings it. I'd welcome a Iggy + Milsap swap of course but I think the Curry / Klay / ? / Lee/ Bogut lineup deserves to be at least tried out to see what we got. I can see them mimicking the Bibby / Christie / Peja / Webber / Divac Kings. very good interior passers to go along with some great shooters. need to get athletic & defensive at the 3 (Iggy would be perfect --- and if 76ers get bounced out of 1st round, might be more attainable). should be fun to watch to see how these guys play together when they're all back on the court.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:50 am
If we can make improvements, then make them, doesn't matter if trade Lee. For Iggy, I don't trade Lee, not now, maybe two seasons ago I would have said yes, but Iggy does quite a bit less now than in the past and his team isn't exactly winning a heap. However, those two trades in succession mentioned earlier here are very feasible and I think would improve the team. It's just getting them done that's the thing

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:43 am
I have eliminated the Kings from the standings.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:12 pm
I gotta watch more of Milsap I guess. Thing I like about our current roster with Klay Lee and Bogut is that you can tell these guys are gamers. They're ballers. They're gonna get their stats but you can tell they are in it for the Team and have that competitive streak in them. Same with McGuire. I'll take those type of players to go to battle with. Ellis was very competitive.....to make sure he got his 20 - 25 pts / gm avg. I think that's what fueled him more than winning. Teams like the Celtics... Rondo isn't just some defensive do-it-all floor general, KG isn't just some very good PF or Pierce some very good SF. Each one of those players have that competitive / hate to lose attitude about them and it just makes them that much better. For the first time in a while, I think this team has the talent + the right Type of competitive players on the team.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:49 pm
Rodney Stuckey.... is... inept.... misses 2 free throws towards the end of regulation and misses the last shot.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:25 pm
8th ave - i put money on the bulls to win. (won myself 90 bucks off investing 100 on the heat-bulls parlay)

I know critism is due towards Stuckey... But lets not forget that Derrick Rose is the most clutch baller in the league & there's been no one even in the same breath ever since Air Jordan retired.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:57 pm
8th ave wrote:Rodney Stuckey.... is... inept.... misses 2 free throws towards the end of regulation and misses the last shot.

And that screws us quite a bit. That would have been a big win for them and us.

Another good day for the tank job. Toronto spanks Atlanta for the surprise win and are now one game ahead of us. Cavs lost and are now two games ahead of us. Detroit lost barely to Bulls in OT and are now 0.5 game ahead of us. Kings also won and are now three games ahead of us (not that it means much but mathematically we could still pass them). NO beat another good team, this time the red hot Memphis.

Looking better than ever and real likely we'll get not only into the top 7 but 6th and maybe 5th, a dream to get to 4th.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 pm
This is really tightening up, four-way tie for 6th in the win column.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:45 pm
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:Rodney Stuckey.... is... inept.... misses 2 free throws towards the end of regulation and misses the last shot.

And that screws us quite a bit. That would have been a big win for them and us.

Another good day for the tank job. Toronto spanks Atlanta for the surprise win and are now one game ahead of us. Cavs lost and are now two games ahead of us. Detroit lost barely to Bulls in OT and are now 0.5 game ahead of us. Kings also won and are now three games ahead of us (not that it means much but mathematically we could still pass them). NO beat another good team, this time the red hot Memphis.

Looking better than ever and real likely we'll get not only into the top 7 but 6th and maybe 5th, a dream to get to 4th.

OR we could end up 10 or worse despite having the 7th worse record. I understand that we'll get a better chance if our record is worse, but at the end of the day, it's a lottery system. What I'm basically trying to say is that don't get too hung up on our record. It really could go both ways. It's up to the lottery balls, not our record. And who knows, maybe we WANT to be in the 8th,9th, or 10th lottery position. Remember when Chicago was seeded that low in the lottery and leap frogged everyone to get Rose?

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball