Lottery/7th pick/tank schedule

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm
Chances of staying in Top 7:

8th -- 10.0%
7th -- 74.9%

Being that we finished in a tie for 7th/8th, that might be off by a percent or two.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:25 pm
I think winning the coin toss gives you just one more ball in the lottery than the other team that lost it. Still, bigger to be in 7th spot than in 8th and the percentage is much bigger of keeping our lottery pick, because then there would have to be a team below us that gets lucky and gets a top 3 pick in the lottery. Otherwise, we keep the pick.
User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm
Exactly, because of that it changes the odds a bit, by my math (and I could be off)

8th - 12.5%
7th - 72.4%

Again, I could be off a percent or two here, I am sure someone in the media will have this in the next 24 hours.

Rookie
Posts: 6
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:27 am
I'm sorry, but that game last night was embarrassing. Mark Jackson can try to say he's building for the future all he wants, but sitting Klay and Jenkins out the entire 2nd was pathetic. I hope Stern does something to us for that.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1119
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 am
Hantlers wrote:I'm sorry, but that game last night was embarrassing. Mark Jackson can try to say he's building for the future all he wants, but sitting Klay and Jenkins out the entire 2nd was pathetic. I hope Stern does something to us for that.


Well... if that is the case then they should do something to SA too... come on, they left all their starters at home and even the head coach. If they aren't going to even show up, then they deserve the same treatment.

By the way, anyone know when that drawing is suppose to occurr... keep checking the news outlets but nothing.
User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 am
Supposed to have been at 11am but nothing so far. I keep refreshing Twitter.

Rookie
Posts: 6
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Hantlers wrote:I'm sorry, but that game last night was embarrassing. Mark Jackson can try to say he's building for the future all he wants, but sitting Klay and Jenkins out the entire 2nd was pathetic. I hope Stern does something to us for that.


Well... if that is the case then they should do something to SA too... come on, they left all their starters at home and even the head coach. If they aren't going to even show up, then they deserve the same treatment.

By the way, anyone know when that drawing is suppose to occurr... keep checking the news outlets but nothing.



There's a difference between resting your starters to protect them for a playoff game and losing on purpose. Clearly what we are doing is losing on purpose, how are you not seeing this? The Jazz are going to make the playoffs and get our lottery pick. Karma.
User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 am
This is the longest coin flip ever. They must be going best 200 out of 399.

Rookie
Posts: 6
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 pm
It's a drawing, not a coin flip.

Rookie
Posts: 4
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 pm
Warriors getting screwed because of tank more then likely. Damn you Lacob!
User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:13 pm
Unconfirmed reports on Twitter that Warriors won coin flip and will be slotted 7th. Still waiting for official word.

https://twitter.com/#!/BeckleyMason/sta ... 0130396160
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 pm
LOVE it. Let's hope it's true!
User avatar

Founder
Posts: 2213
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:28 pm
Looks like we are slotted 7th. 72.5% percent change of keeping the pick. Great job by Bob Myers today! Our new GM is already paying off LOL
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1119
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:34 pm
32 wrote:LOVE it. Let's hope it's true!


I don't know.. guys seems legit but haven't seen it reported anywhere else:

Beckley Mason
@BeckleyMason
Founder of @HoopSpeak. Writer for @HoopIdea, @NBAonESPN. Host of #HoopSpeakLive. Freelance writer, hooper, eater.

Rookie
Posts: 6
» Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 pm
hobbes wrote:Looks like we are slotted 7th. 72.5% percent change of keeping the pick. Great job by Bob Myers today! Our new GM is already paying off LOL



We'll find a way to screw it up, we always do. I wish we were more like Utah, now that's a franchise that is run well.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests