Lottery/7th pick/tank schedule

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 am
It's not always like that Guybrush. Young talent doesn't always develop as planned and some become near busts or just backup caliber. It has worked for Utah so far, with Favors at least, but the other young guys they have have yet to prove they are any good. I'd much rather make trades using lottery picks for established players that are still quite young. The hype around lottery picks makes them very highly valued and that allows trading for established good players. Draft picks are always unknowns. They are cheap and that is the attractive thing about them.

Utah having Favors makes Millsap expedable and as cheap as he'll be. That's why I stated the trade for him about a week or so ago. Reckon with Favors getting closer to the end of his contract, they'd want some salary relief to sign him and the other young players. Millsap could be had for cheap, like AB or DWright and filler. That would allow for trading of Lee (with the lottery pick if we have it still, outside of top 4 or 5) for a very good SF. Imagine, let's say in this example, Iguodala, obtained for Lee. That would give us Iggy and Millsap to add to the other three starters. That;s a very good, allround starting lineup, where all three players in the frontline play well on both ends. If we keep the lottery pick, that's either another young player we add that should be starting material or we trade it for another good player, like a 6th man type.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 am
I wasn't saying that we must keep that talent. I'm just saying that without that pick you don't have that young talent that may turn into a star player. Without pick, you won't have one for sure. If not that, you can trade away that pick for a talent.

Some people say that we don't need the pick, or that they don't care about it. I'm just saying that this picks (and any other high pick) gives you opportunities to get talent, while not having one doesn't.

So, basically, what I'm saying is: having a pick > not having a pick, opportunity and talent wise.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:43 am
I'm just glad that basketball isn't soccer n that matches can be draws.

Imagine if we lost against the spurs then the nets and raptors somehow,pulled,out,a draw.

We wouldn't even have the opportunity to have that coveted coin toss.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 am
Shouldn't have come down to any coin toss. The team should have lost to Minnesota and be in 5th or 6th spot. Huuge f'up and the team might lose the lottery pick because of it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:32 am
Thee warriors fan wrote:
PKM wrote:this is crazy talk pal. We NEED this pick!!!!!

Why, so we can continue losing.

Let's look at the team that may end up with our pick. Lots of experts picked them to be way outside the playoffs. They are a young team with a young talented core like us, if they win tonight they're in the playoffs. And they might get our pick.

We have a young talented core, and yet we are trying to tank. There guys are getting confidence looking forward to the future, and will probably want to resign. Our guys are probably looking forward to freeagentcy to go to teams that actually win games. Tanking is just bad for the locker room and business.

+1, I'm with you here. We need to teach our young guys to play to win. Not to play becuase they get paid. Not to play becuase they are professionals, because they better stats they have the better pay day they get. They need to learn how to play WINNING basketball and the rest will fall in place. We have lots of talent lets develop it.

Everyone says SA drafts well and they find gems... well, part of it is that draft solid pieces, but the biggest part of it is they DEVELOP and teach them how to play winning basketball better then any other team.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:15 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Thee warriors fan wrote:
PKM wrote:this is crazy talk pal. We NEED this pick!!!!!

Why, so we can continue losing.

Let's look at the team that may end up with our pick. Lots of experts picked them to be way outside the playoffs. They are a young team with a young talented core like us, if they win tonight they're in the playoffs. And they might get our pick.

We have a young talented core, and yet we are trying to tank. There guys are getting confidence looking forward to the future, and will probably want to resign. Our guys are probably looking forward to freeagentcy to go to teams that actually win games. Tanking is just bad for the locker room and business.

+1, I'm with you here. We need to teach our young guys to play to win. Not to play becuase they get paid. Not to play becuase they are professionals, because they better stats they have the better pay day they get. They need to learn how to play WINNING basketball and the rest will fall in place. We have lots of talent lets develop it.

Everyone says SA drafts well and they find gems... well, part of it is that draft solid pieces, but the biggest part of it is they DEVELOP and teach them how to play winning basketball better then any other team.

The jazz are just like the spurs in finding these talents, hell Millsap was a second round pick, and they tricked Portland into giving the jazz the third pick for the 6th and late first. That was the year they picked Deron, which got them Favors, Kanter, and our pick this or next year. I really like how they run there teams, and think we could learn something from the Spurs and Jazz. How does the NBA decide a tie for the 7th and 8th spot?

Rookie
Poster Credit: -9
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Everyone says SA drafts well and they find gems... well, part of it is that draft solid pieces, but the biggest part of it is they DEVELOP and teach them how to play winning basketball better then any other team.

So true. We are the antiSpurs the worst drafting team in the league. I pulled my hair out BALD when we took Brandan Wright ahead of Noah when people like Jazz get Wes Matthews and Paul Millsaps all the time.

I mean, why even draft when you are doin that? Maybe that's why we gift wrapped this year's first to New Jersey for Marcus ******* Williams! I had high hopes Lacob would turn it around but that idoit tanked the season trading away our best player My Monta for a broken down center who won't play till next season and does not like women with facial hair. I AM SO SICK OF LOSING!
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 pm
Womb Brooming Monta wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Everyone says SA drafts well and they find gems... well, part of it is that draft solid pieces, but the biggest part of it is they DEVELOP and teach them how to play winning basketball better then any other team.

So true. We are the antiSpurs the worst drafting team in the league. I pulled my hair out BALD when we took Brandan Wright ahead of Noah when people like Jazz get Wes Matthews and Paul Millsaps all the time.

I mean, why even draft when you are doin that? Maybe that's why we gift wrapped this year's first to New Jersey for Marcus ******* Williams! I had high hopes Lacob would turn it around but that idoit tanked the season trading away our best player My Monta for a broken down center who won't play till next season and does not like women with facial hair. I AM SO SICK OF LOSING!

[-( i don't like women with facial hair either..... :shock:
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm
You can wipe out Cleveland from the mix. Best we can do is tie for 7th.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:07 pm
Cleveland with the tank tonight, losing to Washington. Didn't even play Irving much.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:52 pm
Can we only have 5 guys available for tomorrow's game? Is that too obvious? I would hate to piss off the almighty Stern.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 am
One more game to go everybody. The Spurs beat Suns without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Their team looks stacked. One more loss.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 pm
Tie for 7th with Toronto. That Minny win just killed us. Luck of the draw now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 pm
Yet again they makes us sweat for it, but the loss we needed!

Now to the coin toss that I've read is tomorrow.

GET THAT LOTTERY PICK!

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball