Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm
I think someone like Chris Singleton
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:17 am
Or Kawe Leonard. But my case is known. Bpa is always the best option.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 am
32 wrote:
WarriorsBluesRocker wrote:
32 wrote:
WarriorsBluesRocker wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:To throw my 2 cents in I think Sullinger will have a solid enough NBA career, I compare him to likes of Big baby Davis, DaJuan Blair. He will certainly contribute in the NBA immediately.

As far as Perry Jones, if he gets a consistent enough jumper that also stretches out to the 3 point line, and some heart/drive to be the best then I can easily see him becoming an All-Star in the future. He is still tentative at times, lacks that elite confidence to just take over games. On the other hand he is polished, shooting guard skills, handles the ball well for a near 7' footer. All the intangibles, I would take the risk if he falls. Bust or Star, type of deals.

Unless you already have a stacked team you don't draft for "potential". Sullinger has he skills and he body control to contribute immediately. Jones doesn't have the heart or effort needed for this team.

Ask yourself, do you want to be a perennial lotto team or start competing? If you want to compete then draft Sullinger.

So you're saying you believe Jared Sullinger is a franchise player? In the NBA? Now, granted, I like him too and think he'll be a solid, productive player, but you'd build a team around a 6'9" center?

Who said anything about franchise player? We are in no position to swing for the stars. We need solid rotation players that will come in and produce right now. Sullinger next to Bogut with Curry running hings sounds great to me.

Try to not get my words confused. I didn't say anything about franchise player. Although Sullinger has more franchise potential the PJ3 does.

It's hard not to confuse what you're saying when you say "draft Sullinger if you want to compete", implying that he will take a team to the next level, then back up and say he's not a franchise player. What exactly are you saying? You believe he's better than David Lee? Or are you just continuing to advertise your belief that he's better than PJ3 (a straw-man argument, as I don't believe anyone here claimed otherwise)? What exactly are you trying to say? (I'm not being a smart ass, I'm genuinely confused what your point is)

At this junction, it wouldn't be far fetched for the warriors to pick a player with alot of potential in Perry Jones, reason being the starting 5 is already set maybe the sf position is still up for debate. Warriors now have a solid core, so bringing Perry Jones along will be alot smoother, reason being less pressure, since those pressures are absorbed by the core of Lee, Klay, Bogut, Curry.

Granted Perry Jones is not Anthony Randolph, he is way more skilled and polished, nor is Sullinger a Adoynle Foyle or Todd Fuller, but there are times in drafts when you pass up players with potential with rare height and skill for productive bench players. The Tmacs, Kobies, Danny Grangers, and Shawn Marions get passed up for some regular type NBA journey men. So the warriors need to assess the need and figure the impact and production vs potential, even whether a player with potential can contribute immediate.

we as fans only see enough it is up to the front office to do a more detailed screening to figure the talent level as far as skill level, and other intangibles, that are not skill based.

NBA is a league in which skill is key, composure matters, but skill is key, give me Perry Jones. I think he will fit well on this team, we already have shooters, and inside game, we need a slasher type, we also need defense, Perry certain fits the slasher gazelle type, not sure about his defense.

Id take my chance on Perry Jones, plus we forget we have more picks and can easily get a decent PF later in the rounds, its a really deep draft.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 pm
I'm guessing the Jazz would too... Hence their spirit squad coming here to advertise Sullinger.

Either that of they're just that stupid.

I wouldn't rule out either.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:39 pm
32 wrote:I'm guessing the Jazz would too... Hence their spirit squad coming here to advertise Sullinger.

Given the choice between the 2, i would favor Jones.

I saw the link for the Jazz board you posted, what stood out for me was the fact that they had 400 pages concerning this 7th pick. All that hope they had all just dissolved, now you know they hurting, plus they are about to make a quick exit out of the first round.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:24 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
32 wrote:I'm guessing the Jazz would too... Hence their spirit squad coming here to advertise Sullinger.

I saw the link for the Jazz board you posted, what stood out for me was the fact that they had 400 pages concerning this 7th pick. All that hope they had all just dissolved, now you know they hurting, plus they are about to make a quick exit out of the first round.

The Jazz forum when they found out they lost the coin toss :

From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 pm
8th ave wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

The Jazz forum when they found out they lost the coin toss :

HAHA nice, don't feel bad one bit, the tank job we pulled we deserved that pick.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:36 am
And here I thought Jazz fans aren't stupid and annoying fans.

Can't feel bad for them now as well. All the crap they get now, is crap that their fan base earned it for them.

I would welcome Perry Jones as well. BPA vs need will always be a matter for all kinds of debates, but in this draft, we will have BPA at SF position, which is our need. I believe that at least, that some of those good SFs we were talking about for some time now, will be there when it's out turn to pick.

There will be some other good players on different positions as well, that have maybe the same grade, or potential, as Jones *for example), but then you take Jones, because the value of other picks is close, and then you take need into evaluation.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 am
Perry Jones is awful! He has all the skillset and potential to be a star, but doesn't care the slightest. Seen some footage, read a few reviews on him and all state the same thing - He doesn't care and have the passion to play basketball. Stay away from him!

At #7 Barnes looks like the best option if he is still there, but he'll probably go at #5 or #6.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am
Of course Barnes would be the better option, we're just talking realistically here. It's a tough chance that he will be there at number 7. Who knows, maybe Jones will find his motivation in professional league. Maybe he needs something bigger than college league to drive him. I wouldn't diss him so easily.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 am
I'm still not sold on anyone that can be drafted at #7 that will significantly help this team. Myers also said that he's not interested in adding 4 rookies. So trading up is an option. I don't think Charlotte, if they land the top pick, would be willing to deal since Anthony Davis is one of the only franchise type player in the draft, but if Washington stays at #2, its a spot the Warriors can move into. I'd offer the 7th, 26th and one of the second rounders to move to the 2nd pick.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I'm still not sold on anyone that can be drafted at #7 that will significantly help this team. Myers also said that he's not interested in adding 4 rookies. So trading up is an option. I don't think Charlotte, if they land the top pick, would be willing to deal since Anthony Davis is one of the only franchise type player in the draft, but if Washington stays at #2, its a spot the Warriors can move into. I'd offer the 7th, 26th and one of the second rounders to move to the 2nd pick.

+1, love that idea and can realistically see the Wizards going for it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm
It is the most realistic scenario and it was the plan from the trade deadline. That is why we where piling the draft choices with those trades. Expect even Bobcats to be a potential partner especially if they lose No 1. They are so bad that they need an army of rookies to be better. You cannot rely on one player. An injure or simply a misjudging of potential can kill you. I can remember a lot of projected All Stars who where drafted at No 1 who failed to deliver, Benoit Benjamin, Greg Oden, Kwame Brown, Josh Smith and many many others.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:42 pm
Think you mean JOE Smith, eh Tron?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm
Yeah, definitely Joe Smith. I forgot about him, and was wondering "why Josh?".
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball