2012 draft choice

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:43 am
I think that Iguodala is far better playmaker than Turner is. Iggy can open up some nice shots for other players when he slashes, or when he passes, he has a feeling for it.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:50 am
Curry at 2? Not in your life you all pretty much said it all. Sulinger? A 6,9 center(not PF, a good old school under the rim, back to the basket center) with no athleticism to compensate for? Perfect for Europe. If he has half the brain he will cross the Atlantic. He will make a wonderful carrier. JSmith? I wan't him too but that means Lee has to go. Will FO do it? I don't know, for some reason they are in love with Lee. Plus i want just for one year to give both Curry and Lee the chance to prove that they can be at least average defenders. Both have the excuse that they where paired with inefficient partners in Monta and well, nobody in Lee case. Lee was also been played a lot in center out of position(a clue of how much of a problem would be to have Sulinger, a Lee type of player playing at center). As for the pick? If we are to keep it we must think DEFENCE above everything else. If not? Portland at 6th spot said that they want to trade the pick, Bobcats need so much help in every position that i think will be interested to trade the 2nd pick for more picks and veterans.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:55 am
Sullinger certainly is a center only. He does not look at all like being able to play PF as he has slow and doesn't have the skills. That's why I'm very iffy on Sullinger, because he is a very small Center that is built for college ball and not for the nba. If he's there, we should draft him and see how he goes as the main backup big next season and if he isn't looking that good, trade him next offseason as soon as a good deal is found.

It'd be a dream of sorts if the Bobcats were willing to trade the #2 pick to get more players. I do think that that'd at least want Klay and the #7 for the #2 and that's a stretch, because likely they'll be offered better than that by other teams. I'd make that trade though and instead of just drafting MKG, I'd trade the #2 for something like Iguodala and Turner, throw in AB or RJ for salary. Philly I reckon would do it too.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 am
I've watched quite a few games of Evan Turner, even while he was a Ohio state. I watched the Buckeyes struggle when he got hurt. This guy averaged 6 assists per game in his junior season. Coming out of college, many scouts compared him to a Brandon Roy type guard. So do I think he has above average play making skills for a guy that is 6'7? Yes. Is he better than Iguodala? Probably not at this point of his career, but he just finished his sophomore season. You put Turner in the right offense, and Philly isn't the right offense to utilize him to his full potential, then he could be a very special player. He's also 23 years old, which also fits into building a team with a young core. Don't' get me wrong. I'd take Iggy in a heartbeat, but I'd prefer a younger player with a high ceiling.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:25 pm
Yeah for sure, but that's why he'd cost more.

Iguodala would take the 7th pick, Dorell Wright, and likely Andris Biedrins to get.
Turner would cost either Curry or Thompson (and if it's Klay, expect to send an additional 1st rounder), not to mention the money to even up the difference in salaries.

Even though you could make an argument for Turner being more useful than Iggy, the pension we'd surrender to acquire him would make the trade a wash; subtraction by addition. We get a secondary playmaker and a starting 3, but we'd lose a primary playmaker and a starting point.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:14 pm
I started the talk on the Philly SFs, because I think Turner is not happy or used well where he is and could be had perhaps cheaper than he ever will be. I'd take him now, but not for any of the starters, the guy just hasn't showed enough and has had his chances to me. I'd give the #7 pick ONLY if the team couldn't pull off another trade to get a more proven SF, and even then, Turner barely looks worth that. The defense and rebounding he brings are team weakesses right now, making his worth more than it is to most teams.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:02 pm
After a pretty good playoff run, I don't see why the Sixers would even entertain trading their best player (Iguodala) unless its for a star player that will make them better. Something like a Iguodala for Pau Gasol, which is a rumor that has been floating around. Iguodala for a bunch of bench players and a lottery pick isn't going to blow their skirt up. You throw David Lee in there and then MAYBE, but its probably still not an option for either team. Curry, Bogut and Lee are my main keepers. I like Thompson a lot, but not as much as I like Evan Turner. Not that it would happen any time soon, but its a swap that seems like it would make sense for both teams. Thompson's scoring and shooting makes him a great fit in Philly and Turner's rebounding/defensive and play making skills makes him a great fit here.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 pm
Welllllll, you're certainly not wrong labeling Iggy as their best player...

But the only reason Gasol is in those rumors is because he wants out.

And while you can attribute a huge chunk of the Sixer's playoff run to Iggy, don't forget Philly was gonna get swept in the first round if Derek Rose made a proper landing on that drive. Andre Iguodala certainly isn't the kind of player that'll take a team to the second round himself (I don't even know if he could drag a team to the playoffs without substantial backup).

David Lee is a 20 and 10 guy. To trade him for a lock-down defender that puts up 12 points? Talk about robbery, we'd be insane to pull the trigger on that. Iggy rebounds well for his position, but Lee is another league there. Lee is also an upgrade in size, a more efficient scorer, and addresses a larger need. Philly can haggle with us for Thompson, sure. But they'd get laughed out of the conference call if they said they wouldn't give us Iggy without taking back Lee.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm
Iguodala used to be the main player in Philly, but ow they do it with five or six guys sharing the load every game. You look at the minutes they give their players, as well as the stats and shots taken and you see that noone player stands out. Iguodala, alog with Brand, make the most salary o that team and Young and Turner are newer, younger and look favoured over Iguodala. They can afford to trade him and likely are for a PF to replace Brand. The #7 pick could get them that player.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 pm
And with the 7th pick in the 2012 draft, the GSW select.....Perry Jones III

I'm probably gonna get a lot of heat for this pick but after watching some highlights of the kid from almost every game in college i think hes gonna be a star in like 3 years. He has Lamar Odom's skill set written all over him except with a better shot and not as good passing ability but the kid can ball and a little NBA coaching is gonna fix all of that invisible motivation he lacks. Just think about it a 6'11 SF who can shoot, handle the ball, long as **** to play defense and a good rebounder. And he has time to bloom its not like hes expected to drop 20 a game his first season so i think warriors should take the chance on him.

Risk: Anthony Randolph
Reward: Lamar Odom and dare i say Kevin Durant? lol

frontcourt would be one of the best rebounding frountcourts in the nba next year with bogut lee and jones. He can also slide to the 4 and play against defense something Lee cant do. I understand barnes would be the safer pick but cmon it would be really painful seeing this kid blossom into star and knowing we passed on him for someone like barnes whos just another 3pt shooter and reminds me of a Dorell wright. would you want another wright or a possible Lamar Odom? dont **** on me too much
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 pm
Read through this thread, Perry Jones is weak, no heart, no care player and totally not an option. This franchise has had enough of those the last decade or so.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 am
Yeah, Shad, you're the first dude I've heard endorsing PJ3 in Golden State. I'm not denying the skills, I'm just saying that questionable motor makes me gunshy, seeing as I literally juuuuust got over our O'Bryant, Randolph, BWright picks...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:41 pm
yeah you guys are right im just getting really excited just from the potential. MKG3 is the clear choice but we would have to move up for that anyways i read a recent article saying were trying to trade draft picks for one of those tier 3 smallforwards? any thoughts on a possible trade?

i was thinking number 7 plus wright for batum?

great 3 pt shooter great perimeter defender kind of what were looking for?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 pm
ShadsTheWarrior wrote:yeah you guys are right im just getting really excited just from the potential. MKG3 is the clear choice but we would have to move up for that anyways i read a recent article saying were trying to trade draft picks for one of those tier 3 smallforwards? any thoughts on a possible trade?

i was thinking number 7 plus wright for batum?

great 3 pt shooter great perimeter defender kind of what were looking for?

Batum is an unrestricted free agent which means he'll be receiving offers from other teams and Portland has said that they'll more than likely match the majority of the offers out there unless some crazy team comes in and offers Batum $10M a year which I highly doubt. So trading for Batum is impossible. Signing him is just as impossible given the state of the cap for the Warriors.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:43 pm
Yeah, but seeing as Charlotte doesn't want that 2nd pick...

How about we offer them Klay Thompson (instead of DWright) and the #7 for that 2 slot? Then we can have our choice of Thomas Robinson or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist?
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball