The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:53 am
8th ave wrote:
TRON wrote:I said before i will say it again. Monta is an Iverson kind of player. He fills the statistic sheets but fails to win why? Number say half the truth. There are things that cannot be expressed easily with numbers. Counting points, rebounds is easy, eaven that famous +/- number is easy. What is difficult is to explain the impact a player has to his team.


I don't think he deserves that much credit. A.I. took his team to the finals BY HIMSELF.



Iverson did that and carried awful teams to the playoffs over and over, going deep a few times. Monta was never anything like that and we got good value for him
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:45 am
I said Iverson TYPE not QUALITY. Like an ADIBAS shoe is an ADIDAS type of shoe but not with the same quality.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 am
TRON wrote:I said Iverson TYPE not QUALITY. Like an ADIBAS shoe is an ADIDAS type of shoe but not with the same quality.


Err...If I was comparing Eliis to any player in the NBA, I think I would compare him to someone like Kevin Martin. An undersized combo guard that was incapable of leading their respective teams anywhere beyond the lottery. Ellis' name should not be brought up with the likes of Iverson.
Last edited by 8th ave on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:17 am
What you said:

TRON wrote:Monta is an Iverson kind of player. He fills the statistic sheets but fails to win why?


Doesn't make sense because while both of them filled up the stat sheet, Iverson was able to bring his team to the finals + other playoff seasons. Monta never brought us to the playoffs being the head hanco ONCE. Comparing Ellis to Iverson is like comparing Kevin Martin to Joe Johnson.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 3136
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:50 am
Some off the warrior fans are just so flipping impatient but I don't blame them the history has not been so jolly. The bitching and whining to trade Monta for the last 4 years, last 4yrs or when ever long ago he had the moped incident has been over-blown on so many levels it is beyond ridiculous.

To compare Monta to Iverson, when Iverson was making in his prime close to 21 million to Monta's 11 million, the point of that is value, comparing the values I say Monta on the Warriors was a good deal.

The dysfunctional organization who during majority of Monta's tenure has filled this team with D-League scrubs, who had played "small ball" to a fault. A fault that had mis-matches favoring the other teams.

The impact of Beans, now you guys can really turn your attention to the dead weight of this team, I will not even go into this one.

To this season where "ankle" has missed how many games because of that re-occurring injury, if dude was healthy our chances of playoffs go up. We would have been knocking on the door of playoffs, plus all the close games we barely lost some because of bad coaching and bad reffing.

Monta got the fans a big man they craved, he kept his value, plain and simple.

Trade was in-inevitable but damn the last 4 years, just constant complaining am glad this ish will finally be over.

As far as Bogut, can't hate on dude, just hope he stays healthy enough to play majority of games.

NBA is about give and take, it was time to trade Monta, the opportunity was there, its about timing, timing, timing.

Rookie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:52 pm
one of the best frontcourts in the nba only rivaling bynum+gasol, jefferson+milsap, and amare+chandler and you could put howard+whoever in there too but at the expense of a very good frontcourt that simply didnt workout and didnt produce wins but only excitement....next year is looking very good for us hopefully we can resign most of the bench in the offseason

curry ( with monta gone, the key to the team is with him we finally get to see his true potential im predicting 20 points and around 7 assists..)
klay ( if he plays like he did against boston..woah..proven that hes not only a jumpshooter id be really happy getting around 15 a game from him )
wright ( on and off but every team has that..complementary shooter that fits the post prescence)
lee ( so underated you cant find many 20 10 guys in the nba who shoot 50% from the powerforward position...and he can pass so well too..)
bogut ( to me the most important player on the team next year...basically whats holding us back from a top 5 seed and i mean that....when healthy 3rd or 4th best center only behind bynum howard and gasol?)

bench- rush, robinson,jenkins, AB, jefferson...udoh will be missed but next season is getting me excited as hell!!
and everyone whos asking them to tank this season i dont think they should, the lineups looking great for next year and if dorrel wright finishes strong no need for a harrison barnes or lamb
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:59 pm
With a good position in this years draft you may get your SF for the future AND present.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:28 pm
TRON wrote:With a good position in this years draft you may get your SF for the future AND present.


With a top 2 pick you have to go for Davis, or Drumound... those guys are bigs that will be crazy good, and can start off as backup 4 or 5.

If we get somwhere from 4 - 7 I would try and get a PF like Sullinger.
We are going to need a quality backup PF either in the draft or trade.

If you can't get those guys then go for a backup SF, and let C. Wright go, or go with a PG and let Robinson go.
I hope we bring Rush back as a backup SG, I think he is excellent in that role.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:05 pm
Well, honestly, I'm hoping for Lamb or Barnes in the draft. I know it would be hard to get them, but I think they would be great here. Drummond as well, but I'm not holding my fingers for that.
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:50 pm
I want a defensive/3 point specialist. Someone in the mold of Barbosa, Bowen, or Kirelinko. Someone like that would help us out tremendously. If only Mcguire knew how to shoot.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21447
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
TRON wrote:With a good position in this years draft you may get your SF for the future AND present.


With a top 2 pick you have to go for Davis, or Drumound... those guys are bigs that will be crazy good, and can start off as backup 4 or 5.

If we get somwhere from 4 - 7 I would try and get a PF like Sullinger.
We are going to need a quality backup PF either in the draft or trade.

If you can't get those guys then go for a backup SF, and let C. Wright go, or go with a PG and let Robinson go.
I hope we bring Rush back as a backup SG, I think he is excellent in that role.



We won't get this upcoming lottery pick, though it'd be good if we did.

The pieces can be attained this offseason by free agency and trade. DWright should be able to be coupled with another player currently on the team and get the team a real contributor who fits in well. Maybe RJeff can be coupled with him to get a great SF type, like JSmith, though that is reaching a bit, but who knows what GMs think sometimes with the trading we've seen happen recently and distant past. I wouldn't mind getting AR or Turiaf type to be backup PF/C
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 am
I think the Warriors were the big winners on Dwight Howards indecision.

Think about it, if Dwight had decided to OPT on the day we had traded for Bogut, then Obviously the market for BIGS drys up & we may not have got our hands on Bogut.

Milwaukee might of been inclined to have taken Nene for Bogut on that day etc.

I also love how things have panned out... Monta & David Lee probably wouldn't of netted us Dwight Howard. But I could see us totally risking everything and trading a healthy Bogut/David Lee this time next year for a off contract Dwight Howard.

Things have worked out well for us :)
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 am
Agreed. I expect more movement in the summer. FO is really working hard. I don't care if they make a mistake along the way. That is expected, the thing is they have a dream and that give us hope for the future.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:20 am
The beauty is, even if we don't land Howard this summer, we don't necessarily NEED him. We have our center now and frankly I'd prefer holding the combined value of Lee-Bogut rather than pulling a NY and mortgaging a good TEAM for one player. If Howard happens, great. If not, great as well!

Oh and btw, Allen Iverson ain't **** and comparing Monta to him is pretty spot on. Can't win an NBA title with an undersized scoring guard; not even with DPoY Mutumbo and a whose-who of great role playing, winning defenders including Raja Bell, George Lynch, and Eric Snow. AI ain't ****; he gets way too much credit for going to the finals and LOSING.

Haha, but back to topic, my ideal lineup next season:

PG - Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG - Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF - Richard Jefferson / Dorrell Wright / Perry Jones III
PF - David Lee / Dominic McGuire
C - Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

With the addition of Bogut and Jefferson, I propose we resign Rush and McGuire, send Tyler to the DLeague, use San Antonio's late pick on PJ3, (hopefully use the MLE on a backup big), and let everyone else walk. While McGuire is a solid piece on the defensive end, his position has a fair amount of depth on the books next year and with the addition of Bogut to anchor the defensive end, we may see the front office let him walk (like Barnes or Pieteus).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:29 pm
32 wrote:The beauty is, even if we don't land Howard this summer, we don't necessarily NEED him. We have our center now and frankly I'd prefer holding the combined value of Lee-Bogut rather than pulling a NY and mortgaging a good TEAM for one player. If Howard happens, great. If not, great as well!

Oh and btw, Allen Iverson ain't **** and comparing Monta to him is pretty spot on. Can't win an NBA title with an undersized scoring guard; not even with DPoY Mutumbo and a whose-who of great role playing, winning defenders including Raja Bell, George Lynch, and Eric Snow. AI ain't ****; he gets way too much credit for going to the finals and LOSING.

Haha, but back to topic, my ideal lineup next season:

PG - Stephen Curry / Charles Jenkins
SG - Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF - Richard Jefferson / Dorrell Wright / Perry Jones III
PF - David Lee / Dominic McGuire
C - Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins

With the addition of Bogut and Jefferson, I propose we resign Rush and McGuire, send Tyler to the DLeague, use San Antonio's late pick on PJ3, (hopefully use the MLE on a backup big), and let everyone else walk. While McGuire is a solid piece on the defensive end, his position has a fair amount of depth on the books next year and with the addition of Bogut to anchor the defensive end, we may see the front office let him walk (like Barnes or Pieteus).


I kind of agree with your direction you want our rotation to head...

BUT... Nate Robinson will be resigned in my opinion. Unless some other team wants to overpay for the 5 foot court jester then I can see Mark Jackson rewarding him with a extension basically due to he is a energy guy & the Oracle crowd is becoming fond of him.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests