The Welcome ANDREW BOGUT Thread!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:07 pm
Monta Ellis, Kwame Brown, and Epke Udoh traded for Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson!

Discuss!
Last edited by 32 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm
Gamble that comes with little reward and plenty of risk. Bogut gets hurt way too much for my liking.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 pm
I think it's too much, but happy with Bogut and happy that the Curry/Ellis background is finally no longer. It's proven that was not going to work. I am really bummed about losing Udoh.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 pm
hobbes wrote:I think it's too much, but happy with Bogut and happy that the Curry/Ellis background is finally no longer. It's proven that was not going to work. I am really bummed about losing Udoh.

agreed. I feel we could have gotten more... heck, even a first round pick from milwaukee would have been fairer (if we were to include udoh).

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 pm
what would the starting lineup look like? stephens injured and boguts injured too...steal trade for the bucks in my opinion we shouldve asked for illysova or another big to replace udoh..we were small to begin with :/

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm
and by stephen i mean jackson but currys injured too lol wow...talk about risks..are we gonna see a jeremy tyler starting soon?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:15 pm
I LOVE this trade!! Andrew Bogut are you kidding me? That guys a beast!
Kwame Brown + Udoh let's keep that in perspective. Role players is probably their ceiling.
Bogut -- former #1 overall, allstar, top 5 center, and in his prime.

S Jax is a good piece because this team needs help at SF. Maybe he gets back to his We Believe ways. If not, he's an attractive expirer next season.

I love this trade man. Warriors FO pulled one off.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
hobbes wrote:I think it's too much, but happy with Bogut and happy that the Curry/Ellis background is finally no longer. It's proven that was not going to work. I am really bummed about losing Udoh.

agreed. I feel we could have gotten more... heck, even a first round pick from milwaukee would have been fairer (if we were to include udoh).

I keep hoping once this is all official, we have Milwaukee's #1 coming to us. I am sure it's wishful thinking.

The one other thing to consider with this is without Monta/Udoh and Bogut, there's a very good chance we tank back into the Top 7 and keep our pick this year.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm
I don't know...I'm still in process of digesting this.

But, at the moment, I think we gave too much. Udoh shouldn't have been sent to Milwaukee as well. We didn't get anything good along with Bogut, on the contrary, and they got Monta (who is alone worth as much as Bogut, I believe), good defender in Udoh, and Kwame, who could be a solid backup for them if they give him a new contract.

I like the fact that we have a center finally, though.

If we took that Jackson's contract, it should have been Beans, and not Udoh, that went to Milwaukee.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 pm
Dorrell instead of Udoh would have been better.

All in all, it's a bit of gamble based on Bogut's health, but the status quo was not going to work, they had to do something, I would rather them fail by being aggressive as opposed to the last 15 years.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 pm
Well, we definitely needed some change. The score we had so far was pretty much close as to what we had for a few years in a row already.

So, I guess we're tanking now, but not because we wanna lose, but because we don't have healthy players, at least the best ones are not healthy.

Who do you reckon is gonna start tonight?

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - Wright
PF - Lee
C - Biedrins

Off the bench we would have Robinson at PG (maybe a bit of Jenkins as well), Rush would substitute Klay, McGuire would come for Wright...and then we have Jeremy Tyler as the only big. Maybe Chris Wright will play more at SF, and McGuire will replace Lee.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 pm
And now it basically means that we won those two hard games against Mavericks and Clippers for no good reason...when we're about to start tanking. Actually, those wins are not a good thing if we were going to tank the season, and the FO had this plan all along.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 pm
Couple things:

#1, prepare for tank mode. Curry and Bogut should be shut down for the year, Thompson should start immediately and get 35 MPG here on out. It is time to tank and retain that top 7 pick in a deep, solid draft.

#2, this is a Freddy Sanchez trade. Bogut, when healthy, is an all-star center. Truth be told, his injury is why I forgot to include him in my top 10 centers thread. But if Bogut can play 60 games, this is a stellar move. Bogut and Lee are twin towers, Curry is an Olympic level player, and the remainder of the roster can slide into the other 2 spots. This lineup is scary:

PG - Steph Curry / Nate Robinson / Charles Jenkins
SG - Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF - Stephen Jackson / Dorrell Wright
PF - David Lee / Dominic McGuire
C - Andrew Bogut / Andris Biedrins / Jeremy Tyler
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm
Definitely. Keep it in persepctive...if we got Andrew Bynum (injury prone) for Monta Ellis, that'd be considered a major win. Bynum has played less games than Bogut.

This is a smart move for now (tank for pick -- or who knows, maybe they get BETTER team ball), and for the future -- a NICE looking front court. For once, Warriors will be the ones feared of beasting inside. Also you develop Klay Thompson and Jeremy Tyler this year.

At the end of the day, we traded a volume shooting undersized tweener for an all star C. Nice job GSW!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm
I am stoked being the resident Aussie & All.

not enough warriors fans have watched BUcks games cause its a small east market team. But trust me. He is smart and a beast in the middle. The whole high scoring guard such as Ellis (Arenas before him)is so replaceable

every great team is built with a solid 4 of 5 in the paint. This team will be in the playoffs in 2013
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball